Inherited a 1994 Toyota pickup 4x4

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by CODY DOTSON, Feb 7, 2020.

1. CODY DOTSON

CODY DOTSON Newbie

Truck:
    89 PICKUP 2WD
    I recently inherited my grandfather's Toyota pickup and I'm looking to make it a little more comfortable to ride in. The main thing I'm looking into is swapping the bench seat for bucket seats. I'm trying to stay within the Toyota family for parts, what do you guys recommend for a nice comfortable fit?

_Quickfox likes this.
  2. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

Almost any seats are going to need mount fab, so get anything you like..one note: most will be tall, so look for mid-early 90s seats out of a car. There is an interior section https://toyotaminis.com/forum/forums/interior-electronics.69/ I'll bet 4runner seats are a great option.

I offered my bench for sale OR trade, but got both..good deal for me :)

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Some people have had luck swapping in 4runner buckets and having them be a direct fit.

4. CODY DOTSON

CODY DOTSON Newbie

Truck:
    89 PICKUP 2WD
    Thanks for the info guys... I used to have a 91 Celica gt hatch and I might try to find some of those seats.

5. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Whatever you get, I'd try to find something on the thinner side or at least consider the resulting seating position with the new seats.

I had a Datsun single cab and swapped the seats for some buckets I think out of a Mitsubishi Eclipse and they were both thicker than the backless bench seat and at a different angle backrest -- looked better with buckets but cost me about 2" of leg room. I'm only 5'10" but it made it cramped enough for me to decide I needed to sell it and buy my xcab pickup (also for 4wd)

6. Erik Beeman

Erik Beeman Member

Truck:
    1992 Toyota Pickup
    I had a set of late 80's Mitsubishi Starion seats in my 92. They are pretty small and fit well. Kind of sporty, definitely more so than the bench seats. I don't recall having to do much to get them in the car. I have photos somewhere.