hood - rubber parts

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by Perkolator, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    who knows a good source for finding some rubber parts that go on the hood of our trucks?

on my 75 I am looking for the round rubber hood adjusters that go on the front clip (the ones with a threaded stem attached). I think my rubber bumpers that flank the sides of the fenders are in ok condition, but might as well replace those too. lastly, the PO never re-installed the rubber strip that goes on the rear of the engine bay against the cowl - I have the rubber piece in decent condition, but all the plastic mounting hardware is snapped off and I have no clue what they looked like.

i did find the rubber bumpers on eBay, but is this the only place to find stuff like this for our classic hilux's?

2. convict

convict Member

Truck:
    74 hilux (pickup)
    Your local rubber place should be able to do it or if you don't mind getting it shipped there is a place in Australia that can do window rubbers (ect)

3. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Pick n pull...and ingenuity if they don't have your particular body style :)

4. daruma

daruma Member

I think Toyota still makes these parts. They're the same as on similar year Celicas.

5. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I ended up going with an eBay kit. Had 4 adjustable bumper bolts, 4 side rubber cushions for the fenders and a clip for the hood arm.