Hey I’m new here, PNW, 98% rust free 89 2wd 22re

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BakerShaker78, Nov 14, 2022.

1. BakerShaker78

BakerShaker78 Newbie

taking a minute to introduce myself, I’m new here, finally decided to make an account for this awesome community. I have had the truck for almost 3 months now, i’ve done some stuff to it, but for the most part she’s completely stock, it’s had some not nice owners in the past but I’m here to make it a little street ripper, and post my questions and the things I figure out along the way to help this awesome community, thanks for being so helpful so far! I plan on helping out too!!!

she’s got an LCE cam, some fresh rockers(only about 1000 miles on em), cherry bomb turbo muffler that dumps down right before the axle(it has the best tone ever!) a walbro 87psi @ 67gph inline fuel pump, aftermarket fuel pressure regulator before the stock one to tame that beast of a fuel pump(no grenading of the stock fpr lol) led dome, tail, and parking lights, soon to have some fully led tail lights, shifter bushing, led cluster lights, previous owner got rid of the seat belt light and buzzer apparently, but i wear mine because tickets don’t need to be any worse, penda liner plastic bed liner was also installed before me, she also has an adjusted maf, a dash pot delete(if your maf and timing is adjusted properly and you have a cam in good health you don’t need this, it won’t backfire unless you lean it out or fuck the timing up) and it had water in the tank at some point so it has some surface rust so i’ve had to have the taken the injectors out more times in the past 2 months then i think this thing has had in the past 30 years, i’ve went through to fuel filters in 2500 miles, and 2 fuel pumps(this is why i now have an inline one, the walbro won’t care about the fine particulates and hopefully the filter will trap them but i’m about to replace that again too

Erwin Merida and Toyotashack like this.
  2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard

3. BakerShaker78

BakerShaker78 Newbie

thanks man, I love it here