Hawaiian pineapple daily

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by hawaiiysr, Mar 26, 2018.

1. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    Well here is my new to me daily. Use to have hardbody back in high school then went on to full size GMC. but i always wanted a toy. this guy popped up for a price i could not pass up. mileage is low for the year (1993) its stick, and, the AC works. I'll rock this mini while i work on my real project truck, 6.0 iron block in my single cab 04 Silverado.

I don't plan on going all out on this truck. I just want a reliable mini with comfortable interior, good sounds, and suspension that will allow me to bang turns without major construction or breaking the bank. Let the fun begin...
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/981cdb796446813][​IMG][/URL]

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Welcome to TM. Hope to see some progress

3. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    thanks! progress will be slow but some is better then none. one for sure day off a week doesnt leave much time for play or projects:(
    heres the line up at my house
    [​IMG]
    we like trucks:)

so i found someone parting a 95 4runner. i read here on TM that the cluster will work as well as many other parts. i mainly want the cluster for the tach. not that i need it. i know when to shift. oil gauge is nice addition as well. so off to the bone yard i went.

i told the owner i wanted the bucket seats and the center console. the 4runner was stick as well so the center console would work well for me as my toy is stick as well. well at least i think so. while i was at it i up pulled the dash speaker pods, the rear view mirror, the AC level control, rear sway bar, dash bezel, front buckets, and the plastic surround for the locks. oh and the cluster. pretty good haul if you ask me.
    [​IMG]
    honstly i like the interior. its simple. but things a breaking and worn.
    [​IMG]
    did the rear view mirror first because its the easiest. out with the old, in with the new
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    the only thing i dont like about the 4runner mirror is that there is no door option. its either on or off. thats because the 4runner is wired differently. oh well, not a deal killer. i still like it.

4. mutantcolors

mutantcolors Enthusiast

The seats will bolt right in. The front center hole is there under the carpet but it is not threaded, I jammed the bolt in there to keep the seat stationary and called it good. The console will fit, I personally like mine with buckets and no console, I find the space between the seats larger and more useful.

5. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    thanks for the input. i want to pull the carpet and install new carpet. mine is pretty nasty. i read about the holes not being threaded. same went for the rear view mirror. i have my taps on hand.
    unfortunately i hit a speed bump.
    [​IMG]
    2 of the 4 bolts that holds the bench in are rusted pretty bad. i hit it with some penetrating oil but that did nothing as the bold heads are rusted enough that they stripped on the first turn. no big deal. ill just weld a nut to the old bolts and back it out. too bad i dont have a welder at home. oh well. ill get it done tomorrow. its my day off and i feel a nap coming on. or i can change a air bag sensor on my GMC. nap it is.

on another note, what is this?
    [​IMG]

6. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    i really dont have much free time on my hands so evenings are my prime time to work on projects. doing this shit in the dark cause my garage has too much shit in it.
    [​IMG]
    my carpet is nasty and when i pulled the seats i got to a point that i was just too grossd out. so i pulled the carpet. i had to pull it anyway because i needed to find the mounting holds for the seats and center counsel. no was way that sh!t carpet going back in.

[​IMG]
    well i was told that all these parts would bolt in. its true and false. yes, it all fits like a glove. however many of the mounting holes are too big for the OEM bolts. i thought all i had to do was tap the holes and bolt parts in. WRONG. threaded bungs are welded in at the factory. so now i have to weld nuts into the holes i need to mount my parts to. i just threw everything in there for the time being.

7. mutantcolors

mutantcolors Enthusiast

FWIW I did the exact swap you are doing, SR5 buckets where a full bench used to be, and my only problem was getting the inside back bolt (with the seatbelt) because the previous owner had tried to replace the seatbelt and totally destroyed the threads.

If it fit for me it should fit for everyone. I did not need to pull the carpet either. The holes were dead on.
    Your seats may have been out of square.

The passenger seat with the original belt went in with zero fuss.

8. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    unfortunately for me im not so lucky:( my carpet is hella nasty and stinky. that sh!t HAD to go. for me the center councle, stick shift bezel, and, inside seat mounting holes have no threads. so its not as smooth as your install went.
    ill get it done just not enough time in the day.

9. Bobby Pootz

Bobby Pootz Newbie

Truck:
    1994 Toyota Pickup
    Howzit, that salt water tears up the metal! To answer your question on the buttons to your lower left dash panel, that's either for an aftermarket alarm or similar. It's not factory. Build looks great, I miss home, born and raised in Kaimuki. Keep up the great work!