Greetings from san diego!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HOSHPOSH, Jan 11, 2011.

1. HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH Enthusiast

Truck:
    83' Hilux(sold), 88' Fordyota(sold), 79' Hilux(sold)
    Hey guys I would like to say hello and post my ride. I hope to become a well known member and enjoy this forum. I have been lurking for a while now and figured it was time to join. I used to have an 82' s-10 bone stock and just picked up an 83' yota pickup not bone stock. New truck is on adjustable lowering spring up front and on blocks and air shocks in the rear hooked up to a tank and compressor tucked under the bed. Also has a freshened engine running synthetic with a new clutch, alternator, belts, filters, liquids, plugs, and wires. Engine has 60,000 original miles on it. no lies. In the future this truck will be seeing gravel when more funds are available to have it slammed. but for now it is a great daily driver and a fun truck. let me know what you guys think! thanks!

heres my old truck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is my new truck which i am much more excited about:
    I now have moon caps on the rims also.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Welcome from nor cal. Nice lookin yota

3. RosamondMini

RosamondMini Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 Pickup
    Welcome!!! It's looks good!!!!

4. nvrenufedge

nvrenufedge Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bagged '93 std cab
    Welcome to TM! That is one old MT sticker, but classic.

5. macawilial

macawilial Veteran

Truck:
    89 4x4 sold. 90 4runner 4x4 sold. 92 bagged sold. 81 longbed sold. 72 RN14...keeping
    Welcome!!!

Nice truck. What part of SD are you from?

6. yankeetaco72

yankeetaco72 Veteran

Truck:
    82 short /97 Tacoma
    Its about time that you joined! Welcome to MT! I recognized you from around the way cause i know that park. Its just down the street from my house, Mountain view park. Correct me if Im wrong but I seen that truck for sale on craigslist a while back and i was seriously considering it. Anyway Ive seen you around Im the guy with the slammed tan tacoma and my 82 is still being restored. If youre really considering going lower like I am than hit me up cause we can seriously do some damage if theres two slammed yotas in Escondido!

7. FOKAI

FOKAI Veteran

Truck:
    84 truck, 05 4Runner
    Wassup man welcome to the forum. Don't know if you remember me but we were both on the 15 south one day when I gave you a thumbs up. I was in a lifted 84 Xcab.:waytogo:

8. HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH Enthusiast

Truck:
    I live in Escondido right off the 15.

Yes that is mountain view park which my house's driveway literally backs up to. I saw it on craigslist also and fell in love. The guy I bought it from was super super nice and informative and really did not want to see it go. I know I was not going to find another yota this prime for a long time. I had to sell my s-10 a while back due to medical reasons and am excited to be back in a truck.

Do you belong to any of the mini truck crews? I know there are quite a few in escondido.

I have had the truck for a little under a month so unless it was in the last few weeks it was more than likely the previous owner. :waytogo:

9. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Welcome to TM man. Nice looking teuck you got there.

10. yankeetaco72

yankeetaco72 Veteran

Truck:
    82 short /97 Tacoma
    So you paid the full price for the truck? No Im not part of any truck clubs dont need to.. Im part of customtacos.com and we have our own meets and wrench days. I need to hook up with and trade ideas and maybe we can help each other with our trucks. You joining is a sign for me to finish my 82. If we can get together I can surely help you out on going lower with your truck. We have a local guy Beefed Taco that does really amazing work on our trucks. If youre really interested I have some parts for your 83.

11. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    hey from la mesa....nice truck

12. HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH Enthusiast

Truck:
    Yes. The guy was pretty attached and put in well over 4g in work and parts and he didn't want to let it go. I am interested in getting parts but I need to sell my minivan to get some funds before anything is done. And If i do any work whether it is notching the frame, coils, bags, hydros, or a full body drop I want it to be really nicely done. Last thing I want it to mess up a great truck. Also I am totally undecided and novice as to what options I have for making this thing lower.

13. yankeetaco72

yankeetaco72 Veteran

Truck:
    82 short /97 Tacoma
    Well trust me on this I was once like you 3 years ago but I took the plunge and got my truck notched and lowered and it was done really well. Check out streetacos.com and you wont be disappointed. He has done everything to my truck suspension wise and once we set the date he is going notch my frame in 3 different areas so I can run a 7/8 drop on my 82. Many peeps on this site will truly vouch for Beefed Taco(Brian). Hes local and he just recently moved closer to us so we can just head the 15 to get our trucks slammed!

14. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    I will vouch for beefed taco. Good stuff man. I plan on getting my notch done from him also so i can go lower to.

15. HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH Enthusiast

Truck:
    Took this picture today of my mini'd mini truck because it was cool.
    Also shows the moon caps I threw on compared to my bullet caps.
    [​IMG]

16. yankeetaco72

yankeetaco72 Veteran

Truck:
    82 short /97 Tacoma
    I thought about running the same wheels like the one in your pic but I found a great deal on a set of chrysler 300 steelies instead. Nice pic and isnt that off the new souplantation right next to toysrus?

17. HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH Enthusiast

Truck:
    Yes that is the new soup plantation which I will probably never go into. The food at soup plantation is mediocre, the salad is ok, and the price with a soda is not worth it.

I'm trying to find an older set of 5x114.3 BBS mesh rims > 17's in the bronze/gold inner and chrome outer setup anywhere but it is a much harder job than I had expected. I do not know what sort of clearance these trucks have whatsoever for rim width, height, or offset so that makes it even more difficult. The tires would be stretched on the rims so it would probable give me a little but more breathing room than regular tires.

On a side note I saw a Badass pre 80's toyota pickup that was tan up at dixon lake and about **** my pants. Looked to be a shortbed and the driver was a mountain biker.

18. yankeetaco72

yankeetaco72 Veteran

Truck:
    82 short /97 Tacoma
    I actually saw an ad on CL for bbs mesh silver 15s for only 150 buxs. I didnt see the ad a couple of hours later cause Im sure they sold in a hurry. Ill keep an eye out for you. Just to let you know if you find a lincoln sedan they have the mesh wheels and do fit our trucks. Mostly Ive seen silver but you never know in Esco. Man take a pic next time cause Ive seen this 83 longbed slammed on El Norte but I can never get his attention.

19. lowest93

lowest93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 toyota standard cab
    welcome to the site, theres a lot of guys on here from sd, and they really know there ****. well love the truck really clean inside and out

20. HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH Enthusiast

Truck:
    Dang I guess I will have to keep out a bigger eye for them. And thanks for the heads up about the rims. I will be sure and take a picture next time I see the truck I was just in a hurry to get into the park before it closed.

Nice to informally meet you as well. Nice looking tacoma. Any pics?