Fuel cell.

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Frank Nick, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Frank Nick

Frank Nick Member

Hello y’all. I’m going to run a fuel cell in my 94 pickup. Can you tell me how y’all set yours up. I have the rci aluminum 10 gal. Tank. I was wondering what size fuel line to use. Cheap eBay braided line? Summit racing fuel line. Thank you

Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Something like your a/n line is a rubber hose. Not recommended for full length runs because the fuel will deteriorate it. If the line becomes a problem you're replacing more then you would mixing a/n and hard line. Stainless fuel line is really affordable when I did mine a few years ago. I will point out that stainless is nearly impossible to get a good flare without the right tools and techniques. Something like a harbor freight kit you'll be lucky to get a flare for even a hose clamp connection.

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Best bet is to run a stock size hardline as far as possible. Currently i have the factory hardline feeding the carb and a run of rubber line for the return, (i was testing to see if this would help my issues) i will be replacing both both hardline in the future

im using these between the fuel cell and hardline for my feed/return lines.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-759156ERL

4. Frank Nick

Frank Nick Member

I have the 22re motor. The hardline is good all the way to the back of the cab. So all I need is probably four feet of fuel line from the back of the cab to the fuel cell. Does anybody have pics of their fuel cell setup?