Flare Kit

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Ivan76, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Ivan76

Ivan76 Newbie

Truck:
    1976 Toyota Pickup
    Hey guys, do any of you know where I can find these flares? Or do they even exist anymore. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

Markus Vandevender likes this.
  2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    There was an old man i was trying to but a '77 from years ago that had one of those kits in his garage brand new in the box. Wouldnt let it go

3. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Pretty sure @KS.ID has that kit. Probably wouldn't sell though lmao. I wouldn't think it would be to hard to replicate. Or use a kit from another truck. I've seen datsuns with the similar style.

KS.ID and Ivan76 like this.
  4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I asked about those a while back and found they were an OEM part, not available anymore of course. I have found one place online claiming to have a complete set available, but they're pickup only and not cheap. If I had a set, I'd make a mold of them and cast more, fiberglass is a fairly straightforward process.

Haven't found many Hilux with flares/body kits on them, curious if anyone's seen one with some of those universal steel fender flares you can find online?

5. Ivan76

Ivan76 Newbie

Truck:
    1976 Toyota Pickup
    I saw some on Craigslist a while back in California, but I was to lazy to make the drive. I'm pretty sure someone on the forum bought them. It was a orange 77 pick up that was being parted out. And I believe they only wanted $100 for them.

KS.ID likes this.
  6. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    As an old fabricator and “lead sled” builder, we used to heat the fender arch and bend the radius edge outward. Then braze a section of 1/2” soft copper tubing to follow the contour of the arch. You can then blend with filler, or use lead like in the old days. Lots of work, but custom look if done correctly.

jetas likes this.
  7. KS.ID

KS.ID Enthusiast

Truck:
    RN22 1972 Hilux
    Yup, I had a buddy who lives in SoCal pick these up for me. Figured why not? I'd like to get in touch with someone who can recreate them using a mold.

RN23CB and Ivan76 like this.