electric windows

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by 86 toyota, Sep 9, 2012.

1. 86 toyota

86 toyota Newbie

Truck:
    86 pickup standard cab 2 wheel drive 5 spd
    Hello everyone

I have a "plane jane" 2 wheel drive standard cab 5spd no a/c 86 pickup. I would like to install electric windows. Does anyone have done this? Can I install a setup from another year? Thank you all in advance

Luis

Attached Files:

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I've posted on this subject as to what I did.
    I had vent ( wing) windows on my 88 & wanted one piece glass. So found a donner 4-Runner 84-88, was a 88 & took the whole doors, you can just take the regulators w/ glass & motor. You also need the switches drivers side (master) & passenger side (assist) along with the circuit breakers & door control relay.Than you have to wire all up. I bought the Electrical Diagram book from Toyota !
    Or you can get a very good product from Electric Life complete widow set up from correct year Toyota Truck .:cool:http://www.electric-life.com/index.asp
    You may have to call them fr-or info on what will fit the early years!

3. 86 toyota

86 toyota Newbie

Truck:
    86 pickup standard cab 2 wheel drive 5 spd
    Hello truck action

I will look for a "donor" next weekend. Hopefuly I can find one. I will try to get the whole door and switches along with everything else just to make sure I have what I need. As for the book I don't have one but will look for one as well. I will let you know how I'm doing because I'm sure I will have plenty of questions. Once I get the project started I will post pic's on the progress.

Thanks again