Dream Machine motor took a Sit?

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by swinechevy, Apr 22, 2012.

1. swinechevy

swinechevy Newbie

Truck:
    89 2wd, work n progress
    I got my 89 2wd slammed and drove it for a month Tops, THANKS DUSTIN,
    Ne ways, she would leak at least 2 quarts n 2 miles with easy driving n the country.. Got everything pullled working towards pulling the motor. In hopes of cheap rebuild or turbo`n the rebulid with bored over? any ideas on that note,??
    But main question put my stock 22r n, how much of a pain is stripping everying out acc. wise!? Ac/Emissions.? just want my motor with bare min showin casue im painting Everything up so wanna look clean and simple.
    Gona work on puttiin a pic up of my ole lady.
    Thanks for any info ladies and gents
    Justin

2. IBeSeeN

IBeSeeN Addict

Truck:
    89 Toyota
    not hard at all if you put a weber or other after market carb and dont have to worry about passing emission tests like in cali

3. swinechevy

swinechevy Newbie

Truck:
    89 2wd, work n progress
    Got cha! figured the ac was cut n dry buy with the after market carb im guessing the bare min, like vacuum advanced ect will still need to b utilized ? i just want the smog pump and all that "newer car stuff" gone lol

4. Domer

Domer Member

Truck:
    1985 Toyota 2wd Turbo Xtra cab
    its actually really easy to do the strip. i have done an 85 22RET and a 95 22Re. The 95 requires some resistor mods in the connectors to keep your check engine light off... but the only vacuum lines you need to keep are the Fuel pressure regualator, and the evap canistor for the fuel tank, the brake booster, and the pcv.. the rest can go.. make block off plates for the egr ports on the exhaust manifold(or buy a header), there is a port on the passenger side rear of the head that needs a plate, then also a spot on the back on the intake manifold.. you can also delete the vacuum port rails.. just use the multi port vacuum assembly already on the manifold and use it for both the fuels..

5. swinechevy

swinechevy Newbie

Truck:
    89 2wd, work n progress
    Thanks man!!!!
    Once i get er together ill have a pic up and it will make you smile! thanks again