Dash swap

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by 22r, May 21, 2010.

1. 22r

22r Veteran

Truck:
    so would a 89-94 or 95-2004 interios dash fit our trucks?? are the dimensions the same and do you think this is possible or is it done already?

2. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    The 89-95 dash has been swapped before

3. 85Proj2WD

85Proj2WD Newbie

Truck:
    '85Longbed2WD22R
    :meemee:Not to revive a dead thread, but theres very little input here.

How difficult is it? I wanna slap a '92 dash in my 85, and I'd like an idea of how much modification has to be done to make it fit.

Can't seem to find it anywhere online, or maybe I'm just not phrasing my google searches right.

Anyone have any more information?:shrug:

4. drewp

drewp Member

first off i hope you are fuel injected... but anyway ya they fit your best bet will be to use the dash mounting bar from a 89-95 as well, i just did the swap but i used the 84-88 mount bar and cut that up pretty good and didnt use the whole dash so i fabbed up brackets (into a buddys rock crawler with interior cage) so id say locate the dash you want and use everything from it, oh and try to get one thats pre 93 i think because the instrument electronics and ecu changed a bit

5. 85Proj2WD

85Proj2WD Newbie

Truck:
    '85Longbed2WD22R
    Not currently. But when the dash swap is made, it will be in conjunction with going fuel injection with a 2JZ swap. And ya, the entire dash assembly will be swapped. The instruments, ecu, etc won't matter since the wiring harness will have to be spliced and rewired in any case. Good to know it will fit though :)

I want the space the 89-95 offers as I'll be adding more than extra gauges to the interior during the build. Plus I find it more aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks for the response.

6. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    There's a guy in freaks of nature nor cal that has it done it's a white one with blue rims