d.u.i. oil leak

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by voya, May 1, 2010.

1. voya

voya Newbie

Truck:
    76 flatbed sleeper
    well i like the dui system but i do not like the oil weep hole that is douching the driver side of the engine bay with oil. I already have the LCE valve cover with the 2" breather to alleviate pressure and from what i understand if i plug the hole it will fill the cap with oil next. please help....:eek:

2. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
  3. Nook

Nook Addict

The weep hole your talking about I,m assuming is in the bottom of the distributor under the cap? its to vent the inside of the housing, if its leaking oil from there, then you must have a shaft seal bad and its pulling oil up the distributor shaft inside the housing and leaking out. Sounds like a teardown is in order to find the problem, bad seal install, worn bearing or bushing allowing the shaft to wobble eating up the seal are a couple possibilities.

4. voya

voya Newbie

Truck:
    76 flatbed sleeper
    the vent hole is in the shaft near the base. I have read that the crank case pressure can cause oil saturation inside of the cap the solution to that is to drill a second hole near the cap on the opposite side of the other hole. it is also mentioned to rtv 4 of the 5 holes at the bottom of the shaft under the worm gear. all in all i think i have to much blow by ...

5. voya

voya Newbie

Truck:
    76 flatbed sleeper
    well performance distributer offered to rebuild the dui they claim it is a faulty o ring and that it is not a weep hole but rather that it is a hole for the drop pin. I asked if i could rtv the hole closed and they said yes... so if it does give me trouble down the road i will send it back for another right now i am just too happy to get another 10-15 horses out of this old 20r.

6. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    what is your total setup? if you're needing a good 20r shortblock, ill have one soon. its in my 78. im swapping a 22r block in. its in my daily. guys here can vouch for it pullin good. i love these motors.

post up some photos. we love the hiluxs here in seattle. theres a bunch of us with 2nd gens.

7. voya

voya Newbie

Truck:
    76 flatbed sleeper
    webber prog. flowi 2" back pace setter header hei and jus put in a 5 speed