Back in the saddle...again.

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Xs5875, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Standard cab 22re 5 spd
    What up!

Been forever, Im sure you all remember my 93, well due to some circumstances, I sold it.

But long story short, came across a deal on a 94, 170k miles, perfect interior, new clutch single cab...$1500.

I have already replaced the slider with a single piece glass and ditched the spare, rear bumper, stupid bed liner, ugly tow mirrors, and the hood/vent shade thing.

Plans are this time, instead of traditional body drop, stock floor. And cantilever rear suspension, Z'd frame, laying flat rocker on 20s, maintaining A/C.

Most of you saw my last truck was built in 4 months, well this one may take longer...I want to build it to keep it this time. Plus I got me a new welder...

Attached Files:

• 94.jpg
      94.jpg
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
  2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Looks like a good candidate. Looking forward to the build

3. yota4life

yota4life Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1991 xcab 2wd 4cyl
    Glad your back can't wait for this build

4. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    Oh and if anyone has any valid links to stock floor write ups/tips...let me know.

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Didnt minitruckin have a write up?

6. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    Only one I recall was a traditional on a Mazda that Seth did....or "Seth" whoever he is/was

7. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    Are you done yet?

8. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    Lol...soon.

9. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    So it appears that I will be using 2x3 3/16" steel for the frame, which in itself is not enough to lay on the rockers. So after I get the frame welded up, I will have to set the cab on the frame, locate it, then channel the frame up through the cab, maybe an inch at most, which most are saying is easily hidden by carpet pad, insulation.

Cool. To bad streetsource went down everytime I google SFBD Toyota pickup, all roads lead there.

10. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
  11. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    I used those when I did the first one, ah well. Looks like its "go figure it out" time. Just like the last one.

12. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
  13. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    Bed is off, front wheel wells are gone, interior is stripped and going to tub the firewall this weekend as well as removing the cab and engine from the frame. Once off, I will go ahead and drop the motor mounts an inch as well. Pics later!

14. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    Here's a sneak peek. Working on tubbing the firewall and mocking up the ac blower. This is where people say eff it and just not run ac. But all that needs modified is the blower box. Stay tuned.

Attached Files:

15. 1lowSr5

1lowSr5 Addict

Truck:
    90' xtra cab Sr5, 2003 taco
    What guage metal you use for your tubs? Might hit mine this weekend if I can get the suspension set up. Again thank for the help the other night with all my questions. Looking forward to the build man I know from the last one this one will be epic!!! Maybe a cruise is in order after winter and both minis are ready to drag!! :evil::cool:

16. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    That first link is channeled, not stock floor. You have the right idea with the 2x3 3/16". I plan on replacing the frame below the cab with the same rectangular tubing. I have seen some people chop and beef the frame up too. I will try to get some pictures up for you.

17. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    I had these saved on my computer. The guy chopped his frame 2.0" and raised his floor just on the feet part of the floor because the floor in back of the cab is higher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
  19. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    Didnt get everything I wanted to do complete. But the firewall is tubbed both sides with 16 gauge. Thicker than the 18 I used on the last build. And I set out to make my ac still work. With 20s and enough tub to lay out on the rocker...it wasn't hard actually. It's in. Although not sealed back completely. In the pics you can see where I notched the box around the passenger tub. Also once the box was clear I put the blower motor in and then the motor housing hit the tub. I wanted this to bolt back in its stock location with no spacers or any other bs. So. I took the blower motor off. Which normally bolts from the bottom. And I put it inside the blower housing. Secured from the top side. Now if the blower ever quits then I'm up a creek. But how many have you ever replaced? Me either. But that raised the blower up about an inch. And now it clears. Now I had to mod the upper box to clear the blower fan...but I'll glass all that back...no problemo.

Attached Files:

20. 1lowSr5

1lowSr5 Addict

Truck:
    90' xtra cab Sr5, 2003 taco
    Did you have problems on your last build with the clutch hitting the wheel tub? Was going to start tearing mine apart this weekend to get it started but decided I should finish the front bag setup first. Decided to go with the step setup I showed you so it will clear for front shocks. Got all my gussets and stuff done this weekend and I got the passenger side all welded in and put back together. Going to start the driver side this week after work and have it done next weekend then I'll worry about the tubs. If you can shoot a few good pics of your wheel tubs so I can get a few refrence areas for cutting. :waytogo: