'94 Speaker replacement

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by '94LUX, Jan 10, 2018.

1. '94LUX

'94LUX Newbie

Hey guys, looking to replace my stock speakers with these 4" tomorrow or when the weekend finally rolls around and was wondering if anyone else had installed this size in a RN90 Hilux? Cheers in advance for the help :headbang:

Attached Files:

2. Hands_On_Henry

Hands_On_Henry Member

Truck:
    1985 22R/4spd
    I have! In my old truck (that was like yours) I put them in the factory dash location. It should be a very straight forward install, get the grilles off and you will see. You will probably have to cut the wires and crimp on some spade connectors. It was totally worth it for me.
    -Good Luck

3. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    My 93 pickup only had the 4" dash speakers in stock form. I replaced mine with 4" Boston Acoustics S45 speakers in the dash only because the stock head unit only had outputs for 2 front speakers. A year later I ended up getting a new head unit and also installed some 6.5" Pioneer speakers in my door panels...and the little Boston's still sound better, lol

4. '94LUX

'94LUX Newbie

Cheers guys, I'm not going to have to make any new brackets or anything stupid am I?

5. Hands_On_Henry

Hands_On_Henry Member

Truck:
    1985 22R/4spd
    No Sir, you will just have to take out some screws and put them back in. Dive In! :waytogo:

6. '94LUX

'94LUX Newbie

Hey guys just switched them over! Only took about 15 minutes haha thanks a bunch and some pictures for reference.

Right hand drive before picture. Started by taking out the screws circled in red and the bolt in blue.

C57028FC-D9B9-4DD8-B5D8-F2BAD3F9BC2B.jpeg

Then I disconnected the speaker by pulling out the grey tabs and plugged the new ones in
    6DABDCF4-FA4F-48CB-8A6B-199228651574.jpeg

Then it was a simple matter of reinstalling the cover and presto, all done :)

TRUCK ACTION likes this.