83 Kawasaki KZ 250 Bobber

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ShortyzKustomz, Jun 7, 2012.

1. ShortyzKustomz

ShortyzKustomz Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Single Cab
    Its a sad day... But Im trying to see if anyone is interested in my KZ 250 bobber project. It started life as a KZ 250 LTD cruiser. It has been hardtailed (solid struts) and dropped a good amount (5+ inches) Great for a short rider (like myself) Back subframe is cut off with bullet lights for turn signals, Single round brake light with LED bulb and sideways plate mount on right side. Original wheels painted red. Front wheel still needs to be painted. Was waiting to get a new tire mounted before I painted it. Bike has aluminum drag bars put on by the previous owner. Red superbike grips. Seat is a red metallic La Rosa seat with 2 inch springs. Headlight is a 6.5 inch cheap aftermarket fitted with a 3000K yellow hid setup, only low beam. All gauges removed except for speedo. Still have them if you want them. As far as paint, The tank, battery box, and plate bracket are all sticker bombed, Literally hundreds of stickers covering them and all have been clear coated with many coats. It is an 83 so you can get antique tags on it. Exhaust is straight piped to a cut down stainless megaphone. All header wrapped. New oil change, new spark plug, Brakes are good, Bike is 300 lbs stock so its much less now, Moves pretty quick for a 250 and get over 70 miles per gallon. Mileage is just under 23k Im sure Im forgetting details. Now for the bad. The bike needs a battery and a front tire. Battery slowly got worse and worse and wont even take a charge now. Bike was being push started when I got it. Fixed the entire starter system, So just needs a new battery. Tire is old, has some cracking, I would replace it before I put too many miles on it. The bike needs some little stuff finished like an exhaust hanger, mirror(s) and possibly a little carb tweaking, Running good now, Just could use a little tuning. And the bike needs a good one over, Its been a fun, low budget project that was almost done, Just ran into financial probs and need to pay some bills. Any questions feel free to ask, Price is $1600 or best offer
    Emails and texts preferred (540) 223-5311

Video of it running
    Kz 250 Bobber... finally runs - YouTube

Before I cut the megaphone down
    KZ 250 Bobber, Before I cut the Megaphone down :) - YouTube

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]