80 2wd Japanese long bed fenders

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Mini Truck love, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Mini Truck love

Mini Truck love Newbie

Hi guys! I'm new here and I was wondering if the 4WD fender mounting points and body line will fit on a 2WD truck for a 1980 pickup with no problem. Any information will help, thanks!

2. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

Welcome. Are you asking about front fenders? I can’t say for that gen, but on my 94 I had to buy new marker lights and wheel liners, otherwise it’s a standard bolt-on.

Mini Truck love likes this.
  3. Mini Truck love

Mini Truck love Newbie

Yes, I am in need of a new front fender. There is a 4WD pair for sale on ebay and if the mounts and body lines match, I am already running a wide body look so I would put them on.

4. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

I’m sure they’ll work, might need to modify a reinforcement bracket like the newer trucks, but that’s likely the only difference. There’s a thread here with some info, not a lot though, best I could do.
    https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f114/interchangeable-body-parts-between-2wd-4x4-221806/

5. Mini Truck love

Mini Truck love Newbie

Ponyryd likes this.
  6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    They'll fit. I think the main difference is the 4wd has the wider flare. Otherwise it should be identical