75 Hilux Hood and Tailgate

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Jonathan Warren, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Jonathan Warren

Jonathan Warren Newbie

Truck:
    1975 pickup
    I'm in search of both a 1975 Hilux hood and tailgate. I don't care if the tailgate has the raised "Toyota" emblem on it (although I would rather have that). I just got to much rust pushing through the paint and need to find something BRAND NEW. Same goes for the hood, to much rust, and I don't have the skills to fabricate my own panels and such. Any advice on where i can find these or even advice on how i can fix this myself would be greatly appreciated. I have found some tailgates and i think one hood on Ebay and little while back, but both had rust already showing. :duh: I just can't seem to escape the cancer.

2. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    So from information I gathered from here the hoods with the emblem will not be a direct bolt up on 75 plus models. And you shouldn't be to discouraged from rust. Most of the time its surface rust and easily treatable. And finding a brand new hood isn't very possible. Theres a chance you may find one in your lifetime but the odds are slim.

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Whats the difference with the hoods?

4. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    The core support is different throwing the latch in a different spot. Thats from what I read. And whenever I do a parts search on hollander I never see hoods past 74.

Just did a search on there for a 73 and 75 and get different list.

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Good to know, i always assumed the grill mounting tabs were different, didnt think the whole core support was different