70 hilux project

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by David Velez, Jun 8, 2021.

1. David Velez

David Velez Newbie

Good evening everyone, New to the forum But I just picked up a 70 hilux . And really want to do a front brake conversion. And been reading the different forums for days now.... just a little lost what exactly . Do I need a proportion valve do I not ?. Can I use existing brake booster....any advice and tutorials would be grateful..

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Welcome to TM.

First of all you are going to need the 75-78 spindles, hubs and calipers. You can get remanufactured calipers if you dont trust old parts or dont want to rebuild them yourself.

you may or may not need new rubber brake lines from the chassis to the calipers. I went with the 3" extended stainless braided lines from LC Engineering for a 79-83.

You will need the booster from a 75+ truck. Im running a 83 Booster and master cylinder with the OE proportioning valve.

main thing you have to source is the Spindle and Hub im oretty sure everything else can be had "new"

RN23CB likes this.
  3. David Velez

David Velez Newbie

Man thank you so much for replying. Now the hunt begins for the spindles.....thx

jetas likes this.