4runner interior on pickup

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Christian Escobar, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Christian Escobar

Christian Escobar Member

Does the interior dash components from a 4runner fit my 95 pickup? as in complete dash, cluster, door panels etc??

2. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

Maybe. It depends on what set up you have.
    There is a two piece dash pad and a one piece dash pad. The two piece is hard plastic and the one piece is covered in foam padded vinyl.
    They mount differently, so if you go from one to the other, you need to get all of it. Dash pad, cluster bezel, black facing around the steering column and the 3 lower dash panels all the way down to the center pillars where the stereo mounts. You'll need to pull the connectors to wire the extra lighting at the ashtray, cig lighter, and glove box. You may get a clutch start cancel out of the deal which will need wired as well or ditch the button and put a blank in that spot.

If you're just swapping out the cluster, that should be drop in for fit as long as you have the correct speedometer connection (cable or electronic), then make sure you have the correct oil pressure sender before you power it up to avoid frying the oil gauge. From your profile pic, it looks like you have a 94/95 which should mean your speedo is electronic and it may mean you're wired for a tach already. If you're not, you would have to run a wire to the coil, and if you pull a cluster from a 3vz and put it into a 22re, you'll need to adjust the resistance in the tach.

Door panels I'm a little more vague on details, but unless they're from a 2 door 4 runner, I don't think the fit any of the pickups.

3. Christian Escobar

Christian Escobar Member

awesome, thanks for the information. I'm just looking to replace the complete dash, either from a pickup or a 4runner since the pickup interior components are hard to find. The previous owner painted it with a spray can, and broke off some pieces of the dash. also my cluster is not working properly. The speedometer isn't worked and its not marking m milage either. I replaced the speed sensor but it still does not work. So I'm assuming its the cluster that is not working

4. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

Yeah, my speedo isn't working well either, but it's intermittent and still clocks mileage correctly, so I'm pretty sure it's not the speed sensor. I read some threads somewhere on testing the speed sensor when I was trying to figure out how to diagnose it, have you checked that your new sensor is good and that it's getting a signal at the cluster? I think it's a two person job, you have one person spin the gear on the speed sensor and another check voltage at the wires behind the cluster, I think.

5. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    I just did a swap from a 91 runner and everthing was plug n plug mince the door panels since they are different lengths. I was able to swap everything to power.

6. Christian Escobar

Christian Escobar Member

how difficult was the swap Orlando Muniz? So you now have power windows and power locks?

7. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Not too bad, everything bolted up like it should. The only difficult part was the wiring, but once you figure out where all the wires go. It smooth sailing after that which is obvious

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  8. hawaiiysr

hawaiiysr Member

Truck:
    93 single cab
    how does the clutch start cancel work? no clutch at start im assuming. is that plug and play or more involved? i have access to a 4runner, reason i ask.

9. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    I don't believe its pre wired as i went from auto to manual and had to have a circuit made for it.

10. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    No idea how it’s wired exactly- but I use it all the time in my 93 4wd since I can start it without jumping up into truck.

I wanna say there’s a switch in clutch pedal assembly and this is a bypass for it so you don’t have to press the pedal. Trans has to be in neutral obviously since you’re not disengaging clutch.