4F2 transmission code identification

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Hilux and Stout Discussion' started by Jimmy cragg, May 7, 2023.

1. Jimmy cragg

Jimmy cragg Newbie

Truck:
    1974 toyota hilux mini camper
    1 have a 1974 toyota hilux mini camper with a 4 speed transmission. The transmission code is 4F2 GO82. GO82 from what I read is the 3/4 ton rear end, but I cant find any information on the transmission type. Everything I’ve read on the 74 hilux states they came with the w40 transmission but the shift mechanism for the w40 is on the top. I’m guessing because it's a camper the transmission may be a heavy duty model? It is a 4 speed with a side mount shift mechanism and coded 4F2? Any information to help identify it would be appreciated.

2. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    My FSM goes back to 1976 and shows no transmission with that code number. I seriously doubt Toyota made a special transmission for that year only.

I’ve attached what info I could find. I suspect you either have the L40 or L43 4 speed. The cases appear to be the same only with different gear ratios.

The L42 looks like the bell housing is part of the transmission rather than removable. (based on pictures in FSM).

Best I can do. Good luck fred

Attached Files: