22RE VAFM

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by RAS671, Nov 13, 2018.

1. RAS671

RAS671 Member

Just finish installing the head and putting all the parts and bits back together. I go to start the motor up and it won’t start up. The cooling fan is spinning, it just won’t turnover.

I jump the diagnostics and it’s throwing two codes: 31 and 24

31 means VAFM issue
    24 means IAT sensor

To check the VAFM, I checed the ohm resistance for E2 and VS it reads less than the specified ohms of 200-400 (reading 190). Faulty unit, says to replace.

I check the E2 and THA to test the IAT sensor it reads 3000 ohms, which it’ll only read air at 68* F and right now, SATX is experiencing 24hr. “Freeze” current temp reading outside is 36* feels like 30*. How do you determine or alter the sensor to read any temp? Or is that why it’s throwing a code 31 as well?

When I first picked up the truck, it had AFM issues, I replaced the unit for a rebuilt one and it was fine until there my truck started bogging randomly, I couldn’t figure it out so I turned it over to the shop. The did work on the ECM and from there, the truck ran strong.

Truck has been down for over a year due to financial circumstances preventing from buying the parts I needed for rebuilding the top end.

Any help would greatly appreaciated.

Thanks.