1989 - 1994 bed fit on a 1986??

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by Trevdawg, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Trevdawg

Trevdawg Newbie

I tried searching but didn't come up with much.

I found a clean bed and would want to put it on a 1986 extended bed. Would it be an easy fit, or some work be needed?

2. 22R88

22R88 Veteran

Truck:
    1988 Reg Cab Deluxe RN50
    if the bed size is the same ( short or long as what you have) then I think that it will.... If it needs any modification I don't think it will be much. Best of luck.

22R88

3. Robert m

Robert m Addict

Truck:
    '94 single cab, 22re, 5spd
    If it did fit. the body lines wont be anywhere close to matching.

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I've seen pics of this online, it looks not good IMO because the body styling is so different. The only bed swap between generations that looks acceptable to me is from an older early 80s truck like say a 1979-84 (with the exposed upper bed rail) onto a newer one up to 95 - I think it was even like this factory on the crew cabs we never got in the USA. Also what I think I've seen being more common is people putting Tacoma body parts on older trucks - Usually on pre runner Toyotas here in CA and still looks like crap to me because the body likes don't match. I'm sure swapping beds is very straightforward and if any fabrication is needed it is very simple.

5. Trevdawg

Trevdawg Newbie

Good point with body lines. . .

i am about to buy a 1986 pickup and the bed is in so so condition. The center of the bed is fine, but near the wheel wells, you can start to see through the floor. The fenders by the rear wheels is holy!!

i plan on towing motorcycles with this truck and i would hate to strap down the bike and the strap pulls the bed apart.