1978 Fuel Idle Solenoid

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by Dan78, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Dan78

Dan78 Newbie

I need a fuel idle solenoid for 1978 SR5 20R 4Cyl 5Spd. Toyota U.S.A. doesn't talk to Toyota Japan. They wont help me get in touch with Toyota Japan. They don't have lists of aftermarket companies or Toyota clubs [American auto companies do & Toyota should fix this before Korea takes over & they're on Toyota's heels]. I don't know what years use the same fuel idle solenoid or what the part number is. I have new engine, tranny, exhaust manifold, carb, radiator, hoses, tires, greased & oiled etc. This is last thing to get going. I got layed off construction because truck went down about 1 1/2 yrs. ago. Ended up in hospital for a while & almost had leg amputated. Need to get this thing running so I can get back to work. Anyone with anything?

2. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Where are you located?

Have you tested it to make sure it's FOR SURE bad?

I've had 2 different trucks lose power or ground to that solenoid...so I feel like it might be more common than the part outright failing?

3. oni

oni Newbie

yoda jims out of Colorado specializing in Toyota truck parts. + he's a mudder :)

4. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    You say everything is "new". Does this mean rebuilt or factory new.....or just new to you?
    A new or rebuilt carburetor should have all good parts. You shouldn't have to be replacing anything.
    I trashed my old factory carb and replaced with a Weber 32/36. Engine runs better with much more power.

5. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    This thread is from February with no reply from the OP...