1976 short bed fuel tank

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by kuxlux671, Nov 6, 2019.

1. kuxlux671

kuxlux671 Newbie

Truck:
    1976 Toyota Hilux
    Any pointers or help on where to locate another fuel tank for my truck?. Or does anyone know if there’s a compatible one out there?. Tryna keep it stock and take time to hunt down a tank before going to fuel cells. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Collin Ramos

Collin Ramos Member

Did you end up finding one? I need one for my 78!

3. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    If you can check the inventory on a junkyard near you that will be best. Otherwise you could use a site like hollander to search a wider area of junkyards parts inventory. But it may be best to get your eyes on it before you buy.

I will say any good junkyard will tell you what they think of the part before they sell it.

4. Collin Ramos

Collin Ramos Member

Dang. Too bad they don’t make anymore for our year. Might have to just go with a fuel cell.

5. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    You might find a good one if you keep searching online. I ended up doing a spun aluminum tank. At first it was in the bed before people fucked with it. I ended up going behind the axle and added a lockable access door in the bed. I ran a new stainless line because the distance was a little long for just rubber. If I had always planned on going under the bed I would of got a fuel cell. You can probably get away with throwing in front of the axle if you go small enough. And even find a way to utilize the stock filler. My main suggestion would be to get one with baffling. That should be you main concern when looking for one besides size.

6. Collin Ramos

Collin Ramos Member

Thanks for the info brotha! I’ll start my search now!