1974 toyota hilux missing AC brackets and components

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Hilux and Stout Discussion' started by Jimmy cragg, May 3, 2023.

1. Jimmy cragg

Jimmy cragg Newbie

Truck:
    1974 toyota hilux mini camper
    I have a 1974 toyota hilux mini camper with an 18RC engine. I recently purchased it and got it back into driving condition. Now I’m hunting for missing AC brackets. Someone removed the compressor, compressor brackets as well as the AC soft lines before I purchased it. I’m looking for anyone who may have the components for sale or info to where they could be tracked down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  2. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    I’m not sure factory A/C was available that far back on the hilux. Many times aftermarket units were installed by dealers and some owners.

Either way, finding those parts will probably be impossible. Good luck. Fred

3. Jimmy cragg

Jimmy cragg Newbie

Truck:
    1974 toyota hilux mini camper
    The blower is under dash but says toyota so dealer installed was my guess as well. The brackets are proprietary I’m sure as they align up with mounting holes on the block and compressor. I have seen pictures of other 18RC motors with the same set up so I know it’s out there just not sure how rare. So I’m Just fishing for someone who may have an old 18RC with compressor still mounted in the corner of their garage collecting dust. Not my first fishing trip so ill crack a cold beer and wait.