1974 hilux heavy duty pickup help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Lilshanes87slammer, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Lilshanes87slammer

Lilshanes87slammer Newbie

Truck:
    92 bagged notched tubbed bags on bars 4link
    OK so I basically cut out all the old ignition starter things and parts and have had the hei conversion done prior but the ignition module lost its ground. So now I'm stuck messing with the old stuff again, question is that I can't seem to remember where to hook things up and also accidentally tossed out the shiny hat looking part that was on passenger side with small wires blk/yel and other wires to the resistor. Anyways I need a accurate picture or diagram of the way I could possibly hook it up with out all the stock parts, I've tried the coil from a 22re and ignitor got it to backfire but it won't stay running it just keeps backfiring and I figured out it was the carburetor was too too much fuel was getting to the carburetor so I adjusted the choke and leaned it out a bunch and it started stumbled and finally died now I'm not getting any spark at all I have a black and yellow yellow and black thick red wire all coming out from the harness and I've checked the it's not the ignition switch and all of the wires are black and yellow black and red blue and red and a black and white so I can tell on the diagrams that is correct I just can't figure out from where it comes into the engine bay those wires how I can correctly hook them up to possibly just a coil and the resistor and bypass all of the other parts that are required sorry if this doesn't make sense but all I know is what I can explain to you

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I can upload a pic of the diagram thats in the book. But it would be tomorrow

3. Lilshanes87slammer

Lilshanes87slammer Newbie

Truck:
    92 bagged notched tubbed bags on bars 4link
    That would totally help me out I find diagrams and ish but I can't understand then cause I swapped out the guts of my dizzy and now I'm stuck with it converted and a coil from my old runner. It worked and got good spark with the igniter on top of the coil dealy but no cash on hand and trying to see if I can just use the resistor and coil setup or will it not maintain the spark I need?

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Heres a basic one of the ignition wiring
    [​IMG]

The book has 3 diagrams for these trucks, only 2 are LHD so here they are.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]