18RC Throttle linkage

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by AllanG, Mar 3, 2021.

1. AllanG

AllanG Newbie

Truck:
    73 Hilux
    So I have an 18RC for my 73 and it has this linkage throttle, is there a good replacement cable for that setup that I can do without having to get a new pedal? I have looked and can’t find any of the original linkages and the plastic ends are broken on the main linkage. I want to get this figured/fixed at the same time as the Weber carb I intend to install. Looking for new rather than going to salvage yards if possible since I haven’t seen any thing in the yards here in a long time.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
  3. AllanG

AllanG Newbie

Truck:
    73 Hilux
    Was your pedal missing? Or you just were not able to reuse the exsisting pedal?

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Someone had already swapped a 20R into it but rigged up the throttle and it didnt even function so i did away with the factory linkage and made my own set up work

5. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Don't write off salvage yards, just yet. Some cars came with steel linkage ends. For example (IIRC), my 1979 Celica had linkage with the steel ends with spring clips.

You might try looking for those.

I hate throttle cable conversions. I had dual mikunis on my 20R in my Celica and tried the cable setup that came in the kit. It made the throttle super stiff due to drag in the cable even after I greased it. Made my own linkage setup and the throttle was almost as light as stock.