10" wide wheels...

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by lowlife, Mar 30, 2010.

1. lowlife

lowlife Member

Will 15x10 fit?

Will it be anywhere close to this:
    [​IMG]

^that is a 13x8 or 13x9 most likely and its on a waaay smaller sunny truck, so I assume 14x10 or 15x10 will fit our toyotas right?

Or will it poke alot more?

I am going to run 195 tires so I won't have rubbing issues. I'm also going to run probably a 3" drop...

2. thundering02

thundering02 Addict

most of the members that are tucking are running around 7.5 wide in front and some have managed 9.0 wide in back... many threads regarding wheels.

3. goingnowherefast

goingnowherefast Enthusiast

Truck:
    1965 Stout
    195s are a streach but go for it.with only a 3 in drop you might be fine.My 275s on 10s with a 6in BS won't fit under my 2wd bed,I need another 1/4in bs each side or need to roll the fenders,but I have 7.5in R drop right now with tucked tire.

4. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    i had 15x10s back in the day...two sets actually, some spokes and some ghetto looking KMCs..the offset was different than your pic because they stuck out allot..here is an old pic

[​IMG]

5. IronNam

IronNam Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 XCab
    so in short terms, its possible

6. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    anything is possible. however if you are gonna go with a wide wheel like that i would measure all angles of how the wheel needs to measure up to the rear in order for it to fit. its pretty easy...... just measure from the frame out to the lip of the fender line and see if you have anywhere near 10 inches of room in there..... if its close or you have a little over 10 inches then its highly possible and you will just need to find a wheel that will fit within those paramiters....

im tucking a 8 inch wide wheel with -11 ofset in the rear if that gives you any help.....

ive been considering finding a 16x9 inch starion again for the rear of my truck but the issue will be offset. the offset will have to be deep enough to stuff the wheel within the fender line. this is the issue you will run into most likely with the wheel choice you want. if a 10 rim will fin in between the rail and fender line, it will all be up to offset in oder to stuff it right.

7. lowlife

lowlife Member

Thanks guys, this is helping alot. I've never owned a truck before, only cars which I do this kind of fitment to all the time. I just am on unfamiliar ground right now haha.

But yeah, if you guys are tuckin 8" wide with negative offsets I'm definitely going to be able to go even wider. I want a bit of poke, thats for sure! (just not too much, I'm too white to have 5 inches of poke on wire wheels :p)

8. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    kinda unfamiliar with the term "poke"..... care to explain?

oh, btw, if you have a 89+ pickup you are looking to stuff wheels under, these also had a fairly flexible bed that could gain a fair amount of bed flare from the bedsides since they were modular. if the braces were extended out and flared correctly, im sure you could gain another 2-4 inches of clearance. :waytogo:

9. lowlife

lowlife Member

Ah thanks alot dude, I forgot to ask if the fenders were pullable! That helps quite alot.

And such different worlds I'm in with cars and trucks hah.

Basically a huge trend in cars right now, (but it has been going on since the 80's in japan and europe) is putting the widest possible wheels without putting fender flares on a car and slamming it. You put smaller tires on (stretch the tires) so that you still have clearance with the fenders, and also it just looks badass imo. The more stretch a tire has, the more emphasis it puts on the massive lips of your wheels! Also, stretched tires started in Japan in the 80's because low horsepower cars needed a way to break traction to be able to drift, but they still wanted wide wheels for looks. So they put like 185/60 on 8 or 9" wide wheels so they could still drift the cars.

This is essentially what I'm talking about:
    [​IMG]

But yeah, poke is just when the wheel pokes out past the fender. The difference between this style and what some call "mexi-poke" is that this style is functional and is used for drifting

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  10. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    ah........ tire stretching...... i know that term. never heard it mentioned as poke though. i like it myself.... that Levin looks badass with that combo! :drool:

11. oahu grown

oahu grown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 Extra Cab
    Heres a hawaii truck. Its 15x10.5 alcoas. He running 195/15/50 Kumhos

[​IMG]

12. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    duuuuude that is piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimp!!! :drool:

13. IronNam

Truck:
    94 XCab
    that is just awesome. what's the offset on that anyway? 0? :D

14. Evolmotorsports

Evolmotorsports Veteran

Truck:
    1987 RN50 Hilux
    They look like -40 or 45. They are most likely and offroad wheel like mine on my truck.

15. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    yea....... looks like a 15x10 or 15x12 on 4.5 inch offset.

something like that on a lowered truck..... can you say diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiishhhhhh!!! :D

16. IronNam

Truck:
    94 XCab
    I rove dish!

17. oahu grown

oahu grown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 Extra Cab
    Yeah its a off road rim. I dunno the ofset though. Looks super mean. I should post the picture looking into the rim. Its crazy.

18. lowlife

lowlife Member

OMG bro thank you SOOOO much for posting that. I saw that truck on the hellaflush hawaii footage and didn't know where I could find info on it. Got a build thread or any link to more pictures?

19. SD YOTA

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    X2 :shrug:

20. oahu grown

oahu grown Toyotaholic

Truck:
    92 Extra Cab
    Thats not my truck, another fellow trucker in the 808. Can go to forumshawaii.net/vbb and check it out there. Dont think theres a build log though.