Is my mini Cardinal Red

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by Ponyryd, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

Trying to find 4wd front fenders for my truck, hoping to find the same paint code since I will have a hard time paint-matching new paint (RF fender was painted at one time and doesn’t match, drives me nuts). So I found a website http://importarchive.com/toyota/truck/1989-1995/paint that says it’s Cardinal Red, code 3H7, but I want to be sure. Does anyone here know off hand what colour of red I have? There were several reds but mine is pretty light, the truck is put away for the winter already or I would check the door tag.

Attached Files:

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Toyotareference.com

Because paint fades differently, your best bet will be to check your vin plate for confirmation

Ponyryd likes this.
  3. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

^That took me to the same site I linked, lol. It looks like cardinal red to me, so either I’m gonna buy some new a/m fenders and paint them myself (I like trying new things), or find some that are the same paint colour and hope they’re useable.

4. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

Bought fenders, lights, and liners but a bit confused on paint, I thought our trucks were acrylic enamel (single-stage), but after a quick search it look like they’re base/clear? Can anyone confirm this is the case since I need to have them painted and want it to match

5. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    I would have base/clear coat, more material to wear off over time then single coat, I would assume.

Ponyryd likes this.
  6. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

I know base/clear has better shine and more durable, but the truck is otherwise original paint, so I’m wondering what it was from factory, and I want them to match as close as possible. I did some searching and it seems to be base/clear, but I wanted to see if anyone could confirm.

Erwin Merida likes this.