best place to buy weber carbs online

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by bootleg, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Badlux

Badlux Enthusiast

Truck:
    87 xtra cab
    I used webercarbsdirect.com with no problems. Just my own experience.
    [​IMG]

2. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic Addict

Truck:
    '79 4x4,'89 short-bed 2wd, '85 4Runner
    Right, but do you know where it was made? I had no problems with my purchase either. I just have a problem with them misrepresenting their products as being made in the USA and Spain when in fact they are not.

3. Shadetree Mechanic

Truck:
    http://www.racetep.com/weber.html

4. wirenut

wirenut Newbie

5. Shadetree Mechanic

Truck:
    Yeah, those look like really good prices from www.carburetion.com at a glance, and I like how they say specifically where the carb is made! Like the 32-36 from Spain. And free shipping to the lower 48, looks like a good source of Weber carbs to me.:waytogo:

6. yodta

yodta Newbie

Truck:
    1987 4wd Xtracab; Weber 32/36, Offy DP Intake, Jasper Motors 22R w/CompCams 252S, DT Tri-y Head
    I was looking for a 38 DGES as an upgrade to my 32/36 DGEV a few months back. I struggled initially with a vendor and went with webercarbsdirect.com

it just seemed like a sketchy operation, and it arrived in a very generic looking box, unlike my first carb purchase, which was a Redline Weber kit.
    I returned it without installing. was just too sketched out. they did return it, but they were kinda gruff on the phone and didn't strike me as a great customer service type vendor, but hey, maybe that's just NY.

would it have worked okay? probably. my personal preference though is for Redline Weber kits only. they might be more expensive, but most places will price match the white-box-kit vendors' prices, and you know you're getting a kit that's been pre-configured for your application.

so, another vote for racetep.com, or if you prefer to deal with a local vendor, contact Redline Weber via email, and Bud Pauge will hook you up with a local supplier and probably price matching.

7. 81SR5Al

81SR5Al Addict

Truck:
    1980 SR5
    I just looke dover my carb I picked up - and it has EMPI stamped on the side, which makes it a Chinese copy. Anyone have any info on whether this thing is even gonna work? I'm sure it probably would, but what are the differences and are there failures?

8. _Quickfox

_Quickfox Enthusiast

So how's everybody's day; And ur Webers, how's that going?

I remember reading all about fake webers, or 'oh webers arnt wht they used to be.' so how's all that?

Good experiences? Interesting stories?

I have a struggling factory carb, would love something easy..while I pretend I kno what I'm doing with this carb rebuild/tuning. Could turn out, like everyother time over the last few decades I've considered a Weber carb, I may end up lucky with getting a truck to run better.

Cheers

9. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed