Will these rims work?

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Brenon Bergeron, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Brenon Bergeron

Brenon Bergeron Newbie

David Eidson and Erwin Merida like this.
  2. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Define "work"...

I had 15x7, 0mm offset, American Racing Daisies on my 88 truck (long bed, 2wd, Japan bed). They stuck out about an inch. Because there was so much gap between top of tire (215/60-15) and fenders, I didn't have any rubbing.

I currently have 14x6, 6mm offset, American Racing Outlaw II with the stock 195/75-14 tires. Sidewalls are almost flush with outside of fenders.

After a little measuring, calculating, and fitting up, I think 7-inch rims should have a 25mm offset to just tuck in, inside the fenders if you want to lower the truck (I plan to).

So, my plan is to get 16x7, 25mm offset wheels with 225/50-16 or 205/55-16 tires, drop spindles, and 2-3inch blocks or 3" leaf springs. I pretty much know this will work in the rear because I fitted up some wheels with those dimensions. I haven't tried it on the front yet, so I can't guarantee this will work through the full range of motions in the front...

OTOH some people like "poke" so if you want it to poke about 1", then it should work...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022