Horn Repair

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Roland Deschain, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Enthusiast

So getting the horn working is one of the last nonfunctional pieces left to fix. Pulled the steering wheel, cleaned the contacts, used the dielectric grease, replaced the pin and spring but still no horn. Checked the fuse which I’d already replaced. Going to try replacing the relay. The part comes back as a horn relay as well as the taillight relay. When I removed it the taillights stopped working so I don’t know if it’s the relay for both the horn and taillights or not. If the taillights work with the relay Id assume the horn would as well. This relay was just above the fuse panel in the drivers kick panel.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  2. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Enthusiast

Replaced horn relay, still no horn but relay was bad. Can hear the relay clicking now when the horn button is pressed. Removed the horn and it’s bad as well. Replaced horn and all good to go now. So in review horn plate pin, horn relay and the horn itself were all bad.
    840DD15E-6894-4EBA-AC01-A588B7CC08C4.jpeg

3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Good way to diagnose, test and replace. Better always to know what works/condition things are in instead of just replacing random parts with out good results.

Roland Deschain likes this.