21R hybrid side draft build.

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by coronaRt13, Dec 7, 2021.

1. coronaRt13

coronaRt13 Newbie

So as of last month I lost my piston rings and I decided I want more power out of my rt134 corona (20R), by all means it’s not a mini truck but I’m here for information towards the early motors. I have a 81’ 22R block .40 over with fresh pistons, rods and bearings, and a 79’ 20R head which I’m planning on decking out with a stage 3 cam and all the fun Lc essentials to go with it including 40mm side drafts. I believe I have the 8’ 4.11 rear end & current it has a 4spd auto trans that going to get swapped to a w50 or 55. From my knowledge this should be a pretty mean build for a daily when said done I just have a couple questions for the builders out there 1. If Anyone has any tips or tricks? I’ve pulled my engine apart a couple times, head gaskets, timing chains, ect but never built a high comp engine 2. If it’s really worth it to get a w55 (I have a w50) for the longer gears & 3. If the drive shaft length differs between the automatics and manuals in the early years and finally 4. I want An aggressive but practical daily, (I live outside of emissions testing) would there be a significant difference in power from the 40mm side draft to 45mm should? I want to make roughy 130-150hp what would be the best option for this?

feel free to answer any single question if you want I Appreciate the knowledge, thanks for the read.

2. Toyotashack

Toyotashack Enthusiast

Truck:
    77 hilux 92 2wd 89&90 runners