F/S 1986 4 Runner

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by sirdeuce, Jul 2, 2021.

1. sirdeuce

sirdeuce Veteran

Truck:
    '86 4Runner and '89 2WD
    Thinning my stable. For sale an '86 4Runner. 22RE, 5 speed, 4WD. Runs and drives good. Just passed Cali smog and registered through June '22. Located in Fresno Ca. I was told to ask 5k for this thing as it sits. I'm still working on the whole posting pic thing but I can text images.

2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Good luck with sale. Not knowing what condition it’s in, it could be worth more in this current used market. People have been selling old Toyotas for ridiculous prices lately, enough that I’ve considered selling my 93 which I’ve always said I’d never sell

3. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Condition and price is everything right now. Miles are good to know too. There is a certain point you consider a vehicle well used and hurts its value regardless of shape. Would be worth it to watch the market and see what's out there. Even then you never know what they actually sold for if they do. Many sellers right now are listing junk at high prices that will not sell. Then the guys with something decent see all those and then think they have a museum piece.

Anything wrong with it and you're fully able to fix do it. Recently saw a guy that listed a car with damage. He was asking over top dollar for it in its spec. He mentioned he was a trained auto body tech and could negotiate a deal to fix it. I was kind of mind blown by that because he mentioned he was getting it ready to sell on the Facebook group the week before.

Recently saw an 82 longbed 4x4 in pretty great looking shape with just under 200k. Pretty sure was the factory stock motor. Only mods appeared to be some bigger tires and guessing some shocks. Listed at midnight or so for 6250. By the morning he bumped it up to 7250. Probably because he wanted his phone to shut up. Sold that day.

4. sirdeuce

sirdeuce Veteran

Truck:
    '86 4Runner and '89 2WD
    Not really motivated to sell it. But, the condition is average and the thing could use a good cleaning. A few odds and ends to work on like most 35 year old vehicles. I do plan to work on it some between now and when I sell it. Who knows, might decide to keep it. For now it's on the bye bye list.

Stable includes said 4Runner, '89 standard cab, '90 extended cab, '02 Tundra(withonly 60,000 miles) '87 MR2 and an '07 Mazdaspeed3. Looking to reduce the lot to 3 vehicles.

5. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Dnt sell the mr2!

6. sirdeuce

sirdeuce Veteran

Truck:
    '86 4Runner and '89 2WD
    I've had a dozen MR2s. Every time I sell an MR2 I end up getting another one. The missus won't let me sell this one.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Erwin Merida likes this.
  7. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Haha good. I'll be honest, there's plenty aw11 but most are in bad shape. I got my hands on a mk1b that's pretty complete @ 145,000 miles. All it's missing is the clear coat! Haha I have it on non op till I finish putting my truck back on the road.

8. sirdeuce

sirdeuce Veteran

Truck:
    '86 4Runner and '89 2WD
    Mine's an '87 sunroof with a cheap paint job work in progress. I can drive it daily if I want, but the idiots on the road make me think twice. This thing has suspension mods that made a previous 2 a formidible X car. The stock engine leaves a bit to be desired though. Probably get a set of coilovers to replace the GC set-up soon. I have a 7AGE in boxes for it...... Still a lot of fun!

First things first, both shoulders need surgery.

Erwin Merida likes this.
  9. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Gc and tokicos I heard are decent for them. I've seen a couple of those 7a blocks with the 4age head swap, torquey! I'm staying with the 4a and small ball bearing turbo since I got the big port head. Have you seen 4ageGarage on YouTube? He put the 4age in his 4x4 Hilux!! It's a must see.

10. sirdeuce

sirdeuce Veteran

Truck:
    '86 4Runner and '89 2WD
    4age garage is great! Wish I had a dyno to play with. A turbo wouold be nice, but living in Cali I tend to try to keep all the emissions equipment and pass the tests. A 7AGE will make more torque making the car more of a general transport while making it faster as well. Built and tuned properly the power will go up while improving mileage and emissions. My goal really is to climb the Cuesta grade without putting the pedal to the floor and dropping a gear.

Erwin Merida likes this.