Radio Code

Discussion in '1989-1995 Pickup Discussion' started by Sumuno, May 8, 2021.

1. Sumuno

Sumuno Newbie

Hello, new here . I have a new to me 1993 T100 SR5 and when my battery died recently my radio went into security mode. Asked 90 yr old gentleman that sold it to me and he can’t remember the code. He’s suffering from Alzheimer’s so he not the right person to ask. I have tried some 3 digit codes like 000, 999 and even his birthday. I have been to dealer but they have no clue if there’s a universal code. I’m on my last try for entering codes. Can anyone help.
    I don’t want to hear the code is on back of radio or was inside manual, that wouldn’t have been very secure.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    You may not wana hear it but a lot of the codes were on the radios or manuals in the vehicles. Unless the manufacturers were dicks and just never gave em out to anyone but dealers.

have you googled it?

try the last 3 of the VIN

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  3. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    Many times people would write the code in the owners manual. Not necessarily obvious. Would do things like writing in reverse etc. check for any penciled numbers found anywhere in the glovebox or owners manual.

4. Sumuno

Sumuno Newbie

Believe me I have checked all the obvious places, was just hoping someone had a recovery code in case of a situation like this. I want to keep truck original as it’s like new condition, if worse comes to worse I will have to replace the radio.

Erwin Merida likes this.
  5. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Replacing the radio isn't that bad.. won't hurt the value of your truck, and will definitely give you modern amenities like Bluetooth or even xm radio.

6. Sumuno

Sumuno Newbie

Ya I guess so.