Got my first Toyota pickup

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ozzmonaut, Sep 11, 2020.

1. ozzmonaut

ozzmonaut Newbie

Howdy all. I'm in North Carolina. Recently got my first Toyota pickup. It's an 82 with 4wd. I purchased it locally from the 2nd owner. I also know the original owner. It was bought new here in town, has less than 100k on it, and all of the receipts and manuals. Unfortunately it also came with all of the bed rust. I will try to get some pics up soon.

2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Welcome. Hopefully your new truck loves you back like all my Yotas have! Pretty cool you know the owners and can get history of your rig. Sounds like a flatbed is in your future :drunk:

3. ozzmonaut

ozzmonaut Newbie

The bed isn't horrible. They used a lot of bondo on the sides. I think I will build a flatbed. I built some nice sloping side gates for a VW singlecab, and I think the design would look good on this truck. I will just do dropgates all around to keep it accessible. It was a shop truck for the local hardware store when new. Then used for the past 17 yrs to get from one end of the farm to the other.

4. ozzmonaut

ozzmonaut Newbie

I know night pics aren't the greatest. Here are a couple anyways. For some reason the photo program cropped them and turns the interior pic sideways no matter how I rotate the picture.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard