Gas tank filler neck dilemma

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by VolksYota, Apr 30, 2017.

1. VolksYota

VolksYota Member

Truck:
    89 pickup
    hello all,

I've found myself in a bit of a dilemma with the route of my filler neck due to shaving the gas door and re-routing to the inside of the fender. Unfortunately when we did the bodywork over ten years ago we didn't think it through 100%. So at this point I think I can make the filler neck hose/pipe reach but I'm worried about rubbing my tire once drop is factored in (3'' drop leafs and 2'' +/- blocks with 15x8 - 205/50/15)

My life would be so much easier if shaving lights and handles and everything in sight was never a thing :verdict_in:

My question is has anyone else had any issues? I know some guys on here are fitting some pretty wide or big wheels in and going as low as possible (w/o notch) and I assume using stock filler neck configuration?

anybody know of a good generic filler neck hose that doesn't kink easily?

I've considered scrapping this stock gas tank configuration and sticking a fuel cell in the bed but I'm not sure if thats allowed here in NYS... assume not

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I would move the location!!

3. VolksYota

VolksYota Member

Truck:
    89 pickup
    I've been considering maybe taking a cutting tool to the bed but I'm still stuck working with the stock gas tank and the angle of the inlet pipe on the gas tank

4. Roger Sanchez

Roger Sanchez Newbie

Did u end up rerouting the filler neck? Looking to get some ideas