Help plz

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by maro laz, Dec 16, 2018.

1. maro laz

maro laz Newbie

I swapped over a 5-speed from a 94 Toyota pickup to my 1990 Toyota Pickup that was Speedo cable the 5-speed is electric speed sensor what can I do to swap this over to make a 4Runner cluster work so I can have a tachometer and oil pressure gauge

2. jjmartinez1987

jjmartinez1987 Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    tach wiil be a single wire ran straight from your ignition coil harness straight to the back of the cluster. oil pressure gauge needs the correct oil pressure sensor to work properly, basically one from an sr5 4runner/4x4 pickup. battery voltage and fuel gauge should be plug and play. but i dont think you can go from cable drive to electronic speedometer. i dont think your dash harness supports electric speedo.

3. maro laz

maro laz Newbie

No I don't think I so ether could I take off speedo from 4 speed will that work on the 5 speed

4. jjmartinez1987

jjmartinez1987 Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    i think the best thing would have been to find a 5 speed trans with cable driven speedo and then using an sr5 cluster with cable drive speedo.. i think your main issue is the the fact that your harness doesnt have wiring for electric speedo.