60.1 or 67.1 CB

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by KingBouyah, Nov 21, 2016.

1. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

So I've been looking around and I've seen both center bore sizes listed for this generation of truck.

It looks like most Toyota/Lexus/Scion vehicles have 60.1 listed, so I don't know if it's an assumption that some sites are erroneously making, or if there are some trucks out there with actual 60.1mm center bore.

Is there a way to tell for sure other than actually taking a caliper to the hub?

I have a 92 base model 2wd and I'd like to get new rims, but don't want to spend a boat load on them. (Cuz my daily driver is a bit of a beater at the moment). I was thinking of pulling some Lexus RX300 rims from the wrecking lot, but they have the 60.1 CB listed and I don't particularly want to run spacers or adapters. I'm ok with hubcentric rings I think going from a larger center bore to smaller, but I don't feel I would do a precise enough job boring the center of the rim myself if I'm going from a smaller center bore.

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    67.1 is what your truck uses.

3. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

I had a feeling that was the case. Are there some that actually are 60.1, or is this just erroneous information floating around the internet?

4. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Older (pre 86ish, maybe pre 84 actually) rear axle flanges had smaller center bores for the drum and wheels than later axles. The front is all the same since at least 76 or so.

I screwed up and bought 60.1 spacers not paying attention and ended up using a router to open them up. Oops. :lol:

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I was able to bolt some xB2 wheels on the rear of mine, the front wouldnt sit flush, stupid center bore was too small

6. EASTSIDAZ

EASTSIDAZ Newbie

Stupid question but when I go to the shop do I tell them "bore out the center of the rim to 67.1"?

7. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater

Good luck finding a shop willing to do the work but yes that is the bore diameter.

8. EASTSIDAZ

EASTSIDAZ Newbie

Thanks