SR5 turbo wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by chello671, Mar 30, 2017.

1. chello671

chello671 Member

Truck:
    91 Toyota Hilux
    I was wondering i kinda dont ever torque my wheels lol i just kinda tighten till its good but i have a 91 2wd truck and i recently put the old school stock rims off the turbo sr5 truck if im not mistaken its 84 or 85 model truck but out in the states they call it sr5 turbo wheels but from the islands they call them efi rims lol so which ever you prefer to call them but i was wondering what would the torque spec be? I looked in the chilton manual and for the 90-95 model trucks 2wd the torque spec is 76 ft-lb could you use that same spec for the sr5 turbo rims or not? Thanks for any advice! Appreciate any help!

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Round it up to 80 and call it a day

3. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 Turbo 22rte
    Yep, I had them wheels back when I first got my truck, and usually just gave it a good grunt and tug on the wrench, but when I had my torque wrench out, it was a good 80 ft/lbs

4. chello671

chello671 Member

Truck:
    91 Toyota Hilux
    Appreciate the help, yea i wasnt sure if the specs in the book were in general or like for steelies lol like i said i normally just tight is right my wheels but i thought id actually try and torque itol

jetas likes this.
  5. chello671

chello671 Member

Truck:
    91 Toyota Hilux
    Also appreciate the help, yea im the same way i just tighten to where i feel its good lol thats how i learned lol but i actually went out and bought a torque wrench and figured what hell ill try torquing it lol but it seems the consensus is 80 ft-lbs lol i just didnt want to over torque and strip the shit out of my lugnuts lol

6. 1-2many

1-2many Newbie

Hey Chello, got those same wheels here on Oahu, HI. Got a question on tire size and drop. I know these are 14" rims but do they have a low profile tire for a 14" rim? What size you runnin' and how low is your drop? Pictures would be great. ;)