Any local help available????

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by mprtftr, Jan 7, 2015.

1. mprtftr

mprtftr Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Reg Cab
    Hey guys and girls,
    First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!! I hope everyone had a great holiday season with their families and friends.

I haven't been on here for a while so I've been trying to catch up on a few threads for like the past week and a half. My question is this... are there any members in the Central VA (Richmond, Petersburg, Colonial Heights, etc) area that could possibly come by and take a look at my truck. I'm familiar with Dodge Neon motors, but lost is an understatement when it comes to this Toyota motor. My truck has an extremely erratic idle once it warms up. When it starts it normally sounds fine, but once it warms up for a few minutes it starts alternating between revving higher and dropping down. If someone could come by and maybe help me get it running smooth again I would TRULY appreciate it. Beer and pizza on me?!

2. coolbet13

coolbet13 Member

3. mprtftr

mprtftr Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Reg Cab
    Coolbet, I've looked at that video bey problem seems more timing related to me. Right before everything started going haywire, I installed MSD wires, distributor cap, and rotary button.