Door Mirrors

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by DJ63, Dec 30, 2014.

1. DJ63

DJ63 Newbie

I have a 94 Toy that I want to swap the door mirrors out on. Right now I have the ones that mount to the door skin it self but would like to get a set that mount to the corner of the window/door frame. I know there are factory ones that fit there but is there anything else that will fit? I seen some that had a an air vent that I think might have come off a mazda? Any suggestions on a set that would fit and also wheres a good vendor to go to, I'm new to this as far a minis go so I've only been looking at e-bay.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    4runner mirrors should bolt up to the little triangle area. Might have to drill out the holes tho.

3. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I still have ( boxed for shipping) the power 4-Runner mirrors I had bought & ran for a long time. These did mount to the door,see photo.
    $100 + SHIPPING:cool:

Attached Files:

• #7a.jpg
      #7a.jpg
      File size:
      68.4 KB
      Views:
  4. DJ63

DJ63 Newbie

Sorry, I'm looking at maybe something more like a sport mirror? I'd like to get away from the door mount and get something that mounts on the corner. I'll go with the toy ones that fit in the corner if I have to but just wondering if there is anything else that I can fit.

5. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    These are basic factory "sport" mirrors I pulled off a basic factory 4x4 yota.

[​IMG]

If you pull the the plastic trim off the inside of the door the 3 bolt holes are there. I drilled from the inside using the holes as a drill guide. Then used a 1/2" bit from the outside and cut the piece out of the middle and mounted the mirror in the factory fasion.

6. Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms Veteran

Truck:
    1990 22R Pickup
    Quick question. Do they make power versions of the ones in Whit Trash's pic? I like that style but I don't think they are power.

7. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    90 standard cab 2wd short bed
    They do make power mirrors. Truck actions are those power mirrors. They have more of a square base as to the manual have more of a triangular base.

8. mprtftr

mprtftr Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Reg Cab
    There are some pictures in this thread of the 4Runner power mirrors I installed. I had the door mount mirrors as well when I first got my truck. It wasn't hard and even with the drilling and cutting it only took a couple of hours from start to finish. I haven't made them operational yet but that's just been laziness and work on my part.
    http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/exterior-body-68/95-4runner-mirrors-94-pickup-6330/