Going hardline, have questions

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by DionTDE, Jul 26, 2014.

1. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    I am currently running 3/8 airline and 1/2 inch valves. When I bought them they were suppose to be 3/8 valves but i ended up with 1/2.

I came across a good amount of stainless steel 1/4 lines. I am curious what everyone thinks of this setup. Right now my truck airs up and down pretty quick and I am sure this will slow it down but do you think it will slow down too much? Also when i air up my back it airs up so quick that the wheels usually come of the ground.

2. Under Construction '93

Under Construction '93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Std Pickup
    I had the same prob with mine. Ran all 1/2 valves and lines and it was way too fast! Would always hop. Now I'm running 3/8 smc and 3/8 lines and its perfect. I think 1/4 would be too slow but thats just my .02

3. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    Yeah I thought 3/8ths would be perfect but i work with a lot of engineers and they did all these calculations and said it wouldnt be too bad. I am just curious how 1/2" valves with 1/4" lines would act.

4. Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms Veteran

Truck:
    1990 22R Pickup
    Just wondering, I may be talkin' outta my ass here but what about a regulator right after the tank. Something you could dial in and fine tune to slow down or speed up your air pressure.

5. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    Haha I did have a couple air speed controls i bought from AVS, 1 between my tank and front 4 valves and 1 between my tank and my back 4 valves. One i laid my truck out at work and when i went to air it up after work the tank would not fill. I noticed the metal speed control adjust was no longer in the housing. After searching around for it i found it about 100 feet away down the parking lot and it was facing up. I am guessing it went about 300 feet straight up. I took it out after that.

I am also wanting to go hardline and i found a big stash of 1/4" hardline for free and can probably get much more. I just need the stainless fittings and they are a little spendy.