San Diego to Toyotafest Convoy

Discussion in 'Events Talk' started by SD YOTA, Apr 7, 2014.

1. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    Ok guys, this is the official Convoy to Toyotafest Event page. this is for those who want to convoy up with THOSE WHO ARE SHOWING. The trip up will take between 2 HOURS TO 2.5 HOURS (if not more pending traffic conditions etc..)

There WILL BE TWO DIFFERENT MEETING LOCATIONS depending on where you are coming from... either from southern end of san diego (chula, national city, spring valley, etc) or north end like escondido area.

>>>PRIMARY MEET LOCATION<<<
    For those meeting up with me and my crew here in chula vista, we will be meeting up at the Terra Nova Shopping center right off the east side of the 805 Freeway on H street. address there is 374 East H street 91910.

we will be meeting there BY 5AM. we will leave once i confirmed all those who confirm with me that are going up with me have arrived. (likely leave this location by 5:30)

for those of you meeting in escondido, contact Bayron (SDRD)

>>>SECONDARY MEET LOCATION<<<
    the second location for our meetup with all the north end people will be at the rest stop before the Border Patrol checkpoint. this rest stop will be on your right just past the train station you will see on your right hand side. pay attention or you will miss this exit! we will ALL BE MEETING HERE by about 6:30AM. once we have all arrived here, we will then leave for the last extent of the trip and end at the Queen Mary. ATTENTION!!!! PLEASE BRING CHANGE AND SOME MONEY FOR THE HWY 73 TOLL ROAD AS WE WILL BE TAKING THIS ROAD!!!!!! (this saved us lots of headache, time, and bad road conditions last time so we will be going through here)

We will be heading up earlier since the gates for those showing open at 8am. the actual event DOES NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL 9AM. Staging will be ran through the usual EAST gate off Queensway Dr. STARTING AT 8AM. if you are not showing, you will require to go to the Queen Mary parking lot and pay parking fee (~$15 if i remember correctly)

if you have any questions, please contact me @ 619-646-8019

SD Yota-

further toyotafest info can be found on their official page.

Toyota Owner's and Restorer's Club - T.O.R.C.

also, like them on facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/toyotacluborg

2. MrDinkleman

MrDinkleman Addict

Truck:
    1988 standard cab, long bed
    Just bumping this up since I see that noone has replied...

3. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    Effff! I hate Utah!!!:brickknock: I wanna go.

4. HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH Enthusiast

Truck:
    83' Hilux(sold), 88' Fordyota(sold), 79' Hilux(sold)
    I'll see you guys at the rest stop!

5. Tattedfordguy

Tattedfordguy Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 single cab toyota
    How was this turnout

6. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    pretty cool, we had a few trucks and cars meet up total of about 10 but we got more people to tag along as the drive progressed... was a fun drive.