Toyota Well-Done

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by 74Hiluxproject, May 11, 2012.

1. 74Hiluxproject

74Hiluxproject Enthusiast

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck
    43 of 58 replies are mine :(

44 of 59 now :(:(

wru intrest lol, i guess it will be cooler when i get a body back on it and its a truck lol

2. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    I'm watching for sure . As most of us are this is interesting build looks like your making speedy progress
    Are you going to have a rear shock tower brace across the bed for the rear suspension support
    Keep it up and be sure to add plenty of frame gussets for strength

3. 74Hiluxproject

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck
    supra truck

Lol awesome thanks for the support, I've been doing as much as I can when I have days off and my wife is working ;)

Yes I will be building the rear strut towers in the bed.. im hoping its kinda like a rear c notch... just the portion of the bed cut out above the rear but obviously supporting my coilovers not for clearence

4. 74Hiluxproject

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck
    Supra truck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking like a truck again, still a lot more work to do but i just wanted to get a idea of fitment, since everything i did was pretty much measure and guess...:doah:

5. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    That looks sick. Should be all sorts of fun when it's done. :D

I'm headed your way next weekend. Either day work better for you?

6. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    Trucks gonna look Badass with front and rear camber ..deep dish wheels ftw

7. 74Hiluxproject

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck
    your reading my mind! lol im so stoked to see it cambered, im just doing a lot of thinking and debating, and thinking... about how i want to build the spring towers.. i have the mounts i can cut off the supra, but i think ill just build them out of steel.. like i said, A LOT of thinking happenin right now.

8. strebdogman

strebdogman Member

Truck:
    94 std
    this is awesome man looks really good i was thinking about keeping my mkiv irs in the sub frame but want to bag it so thats a no go. glad im not the only one cutting up a truck a making a supra pickup!

9. Immoreradthanu

Immoreradthanu Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 long bed
    You could always build like a big c notch and build it almost like a bagged setup? Just a thought. Like build the frame up to the heights and have a plate the you can mount the struts too probably not gonna have muc bed space whatever you decide to do but, that is an option to go that way.

10. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

This is cool. I'm considering a supra irs for my 84 but I dont want to cut up the frame.

Have you looked into shorter QA1 shocks for your rig?

[​IMG]

The oem supra shocks look tall as hell.

11. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    Yea I was thinking the same thing a shorter shock coil over setup like yota rip said that way your rear cross brace / shock tower can have a lower profile in the bed and the benefits of a real coilover are multiple

12. Immoreradthanu

Immoreradthanu Enthusiast

Truck:
    79 long bed
    Yeah but that truck wasn't sitting level in te pictures and under load wouldn't it drop it down quite a bit and those are stock springs he could get a set of adjustable coilovers? Idk i'm not the smartest person out there but that's just what i am thinking in my head

13. 74Hiluxproject

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck
    The truck isnt level because i put the front body bushings on and left the rear off

i was looking into what would happen if i were to bolt the body straight to frame instead of using rubber bushings, for it to sit lower, but i dont know, seems like it would be a rough ride lol,

i am looking into getting coilovers, but they are around 800$ for the cheap Megan Racing Ez street coilovers, i really like the low brow ones

I was actually thinking of finding some coilovers that were from a different car that i could fab up to fit onto the subframes, but i like those low pro ones.

14. 74Hiluxproject

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck
    LOL your right they are tall as hell, i hate em, and they are the TEMS supra suspension, im getting rid of the TEMS system totally

15. scrub88

scrub88 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 toy short bed
    Yea I had Megans on my civic they were nice there's also a slightly cheaper way but u still get the full body coil over Koni yellow adjustable shocks and koni edition ground control sleeves that press on to the shock and become one and ground control has a ass load of coilover springs to choose from custom or of the shelf. My buddie has this setup on his integra for at least seven years still holdin up a though in case the Megan's don't work out

16. 74Hiluxproject

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck
    Im just not ready to throw down that kinda of money, i actually have a lot more work to do before i should of put the cab on there, was for shts and giggles.

Still need to do alot more brace work, build the front and rear to support the bed and the core support, need a transmission so i can move my firewall and all that jumbo, then i still cant find a ecu or wiring harness, once i get a transmission i look into coils and building the support towers

17. 74Hiluxproject

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck

man i think i just found the coilovers im getting lol, thanks bro!

18. 74Hiluxproject

Truck:
    1974 Toyota Supra Truck
    Actually i think those will work for the rear, i still need taller ones for the front because off how far down threw the top a arm they go, but for the rear thats mounted on top those shorty's would be killer, then they would be a lot less obnoxious in the bed, look a lot better

19. Dcups

Dcups Addict

Truck:
    93 Std Cab chassis/4Runner 2door body
    Nice man... You're doing what i shold have done with my truck... but then again i didnt have the money then nor now lol!! You should cut out the shock towers from the supra and use as a template to build the rear towers. Raise the bed floor and just have the towers stick out. Better yet just cut out the whoel rear floor and use it in the bed of the truck. Then graph the hilux bed in so its mostly flat and still have the use of a bed...

20. CALITOY

CALITOY Member

Truck:
    1986 pick up
    truck is looking good man