Official: Toyota FJ Cruiser takes to the rocks with new Trail Teams edition

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by NewsBot, Aug 31, 2011.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Grand Toyotaholic

Filed under: SUV, Toyota, Off-Road

[​IMG]

With the Hummer long gone and the Land Rover Defender not even offered on this side of the Atlantic, the Toyota FJ Cruiser is one of those few vehicles (together with the Jeep Wrangler) that looks the part of a real off-roader. But if you actually want to take it off road, the Trail Teams edition is the one you want.

Available only in red with matching roof (unfortunately), the 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams edition follows previous versions and packs a new set of Bilstein shocks, BF Goodrich off-road tires mounted on TRD wheels, a locking rear differential and skid plates to guard the engine, fuel tank and transfer case.

A whole mess of optional extras - from keyless entry and cruise control to power outlets and back-up camera, are also fitted as standard. The standard 260-horsepower 4.0-liter V6 is also fitted with an extra air filter, and of course there are the requisite special badges to set this model apart. Check it out in the trio of high-res images for a closer look.Toyota FJ Cruiser takes to the rocks with new Trail Teams edition originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read More...

2. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    so...a trail rated locking diff and an airfilter....wonder how much extra that edition costs

3. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

I do like the red, though. I don't think the FJ has come in that exact shade of red yet. Ver' nahce!