need bolt pattern

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by sandrewand, May 11, 2010.

1. sandrewand

sandrewand Member

i have a 1977 2wd toyota pickup and i need to know the bolt pattern on it thanks

2. priusjames

priusjames Enthusiast

Truck:
    75 Hi-lux
    I believe it's 5 x 4.5, (5 x 114.3), same as old Chevy's, Mustangs and some Dodge trucks.

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!

James

3. StupidSheet

StupidSheet Addict

Truck:
    91 V6 SR5 Xtracab, 87 22RE 4x4, 73 HiLux 18R SR5
    Close, 5 x 5.5 or 5 x 114.3. ;)

4. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    no its 5x4.5" / 5x114.3mm. chevys rarely had it. very common on ford and dodge cars from the 60s-00s.

5. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    win

6. StupidSheet

StupidSheet Addict

Truck:
    91 V6 SR5 Xtracab, 87 22RE 4x4, 73 HiLux 18R SR5
    Ooops, don't know what I was thinking. James had it right first off.

7. 71hilux

71hilux Member

Truck:
    71 Electric Hilux 4 speed
    I found out I didn't know how to measure the bolt pattern on 5 lug wheels. I always thought you measured from center of first stud to center of the third. Maybe everyone but me already knows this but you measure from the center of the first stud to the far end of the third one. Couldn't figure out why what was supposed to be 4 1/2 measured 4 1/4 on my truck. Four lug, six lug and eight lugs are measured center to center. Never too old to learn.

8. priusjames

priusjames Enthusiast

Truck:
    75 Hi-lux
    Very odd...I did not know that. I just looked up the pattern online somewhere and verified it here!

9. jonathan lee

jonathan lee Member

Truck:
    1977 Toyota SR5 pickup
    So i have a 1977 2WD SR5 Toyota pickup for some rims that are 5x114.3 but the the pattern on the rims is to narrow to fit on the studs how do I measure to figure out the spacing I have the factory rims on it but they don't say what the specs are

10. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    You need to be more specific. If you have 5 lug 114.3 rims they should fit your truck with no problem.
    Factory wheels are "hub centric" and should mount with no problem. Many aftermarket rims are "lug centric". Again they should mount with no problem. For all intents and purposes, any 5 lug by 4.5 rim will work. You have to make sure the hub opening on the wheel is large enough to fit flush to the hub. (1977). Offset is also important. It sounds like you have the wrong wheels if they won't fit over the studs.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  11. jonathan lee

jonathan lee Member

Truck:
    1977 Toyota SR5 pickup
    Bolt patter for truck said to be 5 lug by 4.5/114.3 rims I have 17" x 7.5 x 5lug 114.3 hole spaceing but the studs do not line up with the holes at all the studs are farther apart then the hole spacing on the rims everything else would fit measurement wise had the the spacing matched did Toyota use any other bolt patters in 1977 this is an all original truck everything is factory only thing ever replaced was spark plugs and new clutch and tires 6 years ago gets driven about 2-3 times a year only has 64,xxx original miles on it

12. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Not that we are aware of.

Chances are, your wheels aren't 5x114.5.

OR you're using a wheel with multiple lug holes (more than 5) which is made to fit 2 different lug patterns?

13. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    I'm with YOguyDA. Toyota only used that one bolt pattern in 1977. If your wheels don't fit, there the wrong bolt pattern.
    As far as 64K original miles, I find that hard to believe. The exception would be if you had all maintenance records from day 1 and purchased from the original owner. The old 5 digit odometer rolls over to zero after 99,999 miles. A vehicle with such low mileage should not need to have the clutch replaced.
    Check your brake and clutch pedal pads. They should show very little wear. If they're worn down on the corners, add another 100-200K to the mileage.

14. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Post pictures of the wheels

15. jonathan lee

jonathan lee Member

Truck:
    1977 Toyota SR5 pickup
    File is to big to post the pic I have of rims on my phone and as for feeling that it's impossible for the truck to not have as few miles as has been documented by my grandpa and the original owner that's fine but it does have that few miles on it everything still works the truck was stored in the shop while he drove grandpa drove his Honda also had the camper version that had 36,000 miles on it and still had that new vehicle smell stayed in the family for a few months after grandpa passed then uncle sold it for $12,xxx grandpas documents as in paperwork when he bought the truck from the original owner had 12,xxx miles on it and it was stored in his shop only times he drove it isn't when he had to have a little work on his Honda and it had to stay at the shop it isn't what it is it's a great truck really low miles great condition people try and buy it from me all the time been offered $8,000 for it but it was grandpas and there is only one In close to the same condition around town others are modified and or rusted to crap

16. jonathan lee

jonathan lee Member

Truck:
    1977 Toyota SR5 pickup

I tried to just add the pic I have on my phone but it says file is to large I'll have to wait to get on a computer and add them when I can get the file to right size probably tomorrow

17. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Use imgur

18. jonathan lee

jonathan lee Member

Truck:
    1977 Toyota SR5 pickup

No sense in posting pics of rims the rims are 5x114.3 lug pattern and that is not equivalent to the proper 5x4.5" lug pattern so I will be buying some other rims 114.3 equals to basically 5x4" lug pattern

jetas likes this.
  19. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    5x114.3 = 5x4.5
    5x100 = 5x4

If the wheels dont fit then you have the wrong bolt pattern.[​IMG]

20. jonathan lee

jonathan lee Member

Truck:
    1977 Toyota SR5 pickup
    Sorry the math I used was wrong looks like the rims were cast with the wrong spacing regardless even though they say that they are 5x114.3 I measured the spacing on the rims as well as the truck truck was 5x4.5 and rims measuring at 5x4 not to worried about them not fitting they were free just trying to figure out what rim size I want for the wheel fitment I'm going for.

I was confused on why the rims were not fitting seems how they say they are correct spacing but I came here for info before measuring the rims spacing thinking it couldn't be wrong but I stand corrected my bad everyone I should have measured the rims from the beginning

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017