Parting out my 73 hilux

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories' started by OCD, Apr 21, 2017.

1. OCD

OCD Member

This is a running, driving, registered, insured truck located in San Jose CA. It's almost all there, only missing tail gate and drivers door glass. And almost completely rust free! The raw frame is not for sale as I'm building another truck, but everything else must go. Everything. I'd be most interested in everything going to one person to make my life easy and will price it accordingly. I will assist in the disassembly if you bring a truck and trailer to haul it all away. Or if near by, I might be willing to trailer it to you, assist with the disassembly and haul my raw frame home. Only catch is you must take everything besides the frame. I'm not opposed to parting it out piece by piece but I've got too many Toyota trucks (5) and too little time so the individual prices will be higher. Shoot me a pm and I'll email or text you pictures. Some front end body damage but cab and bed are in really good shape. 18RC motor was rebuilt a few years back. 4 speed trans works good. Dash and gauges in good shape. Original owner cut dash for aftermarket radio but all heater controls work good. Blah blah blah. I actually still drive it to work 1 or two days a week just for kicks.

$1k for everything except the frame, if I'm helping with disassembly. Much less if I'm not. As far as individual parts go, let me know what you need and I'll let you know. I'd prefer not to ship parts but it's not out of the question, it'd just be more expensive...

2. dennass69

dennass69 Newbie

Truck:
    78' SR-5
    Hello, I am looking for the carburetor from the 18r

Potentially other parts too

[email protected]

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Is the glove box cubby in good shape?

4. OCD

OCD Member

I will not pull the carb until someone shows interest in the majority of the parts. I still drive this thing for kicks and selling the carb now renders it useless. If no one shows interest in the bulk of the truck you will be first in line on the carb when I finally need the frame for my swap. That's still months away though...

5. OCD

OCD Member

In perfect condition. The entire dash is actually in very good shape! I'll take a few pics of the cubby and post them up tomorrow morning. Left the truck at work...

6. Dennis goeden

Dennis goeden Enthusiast

Truck:
    1973 rn22
    what about the sun visors and the rear view mirror

7. OCD

OCD Member

All there except for the dome light cover and switch. Rear view mirror in fair condition, visors are a little rough but they work. I'll post pics in the morning...

8. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Can you message me a price on this plus the seat belts?

9. OCD

OCD Member

IMG_2753.JPG IMG_2754.JPG IMG_2750.JPG How about $100 bucks + shipping for the cubby and the seat belts? The cubby is flawless, the seat belts are a little rough but all there and work just fine. IMG_2753.JPG IMG_2754.JPG

10. OCD

OCD Member

Uploading images is giving me a little grief from my phone. Hope they show clearly. Can email better pics if you give me email address.

11. OCD

OCD Member

How about $50 bucks + shipping for the visors and the rear view mirror w/ what's left of the dome light? IMG_2748.JPG IMG_2749.JPG IMG_2756.JPG IMG_2757.JPG

12. Dennis goeden

Dennis goeden Enthusiast

Truck:
    1973 rn22
    rear view is the same shape as i have , want the visors and the clips how much for just them

13. OCD

OCD Member

How about $30 + shipping?

14. Eutahg

Eutahg Newbie

Truck:
    1988 Pickup, 22r 2WD
    I think I sent you a message (still new, cut me some slack). How soon do you want that cab out of your way?

15. OCD

OCD Member

Replied...

16. OCD

OCD Member

17. Matt

Matt Newbie

Still have the stock coil springs? Looking to put a 1978 SR5 truck back to stock height. According to some junk yards I have called. The front springs for the 1977 to 1978 are different then the 1976 and older. Have no idea what could be different. From what I know the front suspension is all the same from 1971 to 1978. If you have the springs. I am interested.

18. OCD

OCD Member

Yep, still got them. I believe the front coil springs on the truck are original, but don't really know enough about this generation Toyota to be certain though. Can send pics if that helps you determine. I'm still waiting for someone to take one of the larger chunks (motor, trans, etc.) before I gut this thing. I'm just not willing to rip it apart only to get rid of a few of the smaller parts just yet, the rest of the truck will just be in my way. And I haven't started my other build yet so not in a hurry for the frame to come off this one just yet. I've got people waiting for some of the smaller parts- carberator, steering column, etc. If you pm me your contact info I'll let you know when it gets torn down and the springs are yours. Prob $40-50 for the pair plus shipping....

19. Dennis goeden

Dennis goeden Enthusiast

Truck:
    1973 rn22
    when i seen the picture of the truck on the trailer i thought it was gone, sold, i do want the visors and the clips for the amount you said in previous post. what about the heater valve that controls the water flow want if its there and good ,

20. Matt

Matt Newbie

I am definitely interested in the springs if I don't find anything before you tear your truck apart. Also need the rear U bolts with nuts and washers if they are not part of your new build. Some reason I can't PM you. I haven't PM anyone here yet so i'm not seeing something to click on to contact you directly. This forum is different then others I am on so I am relearning where things are and how the site work.