22re emission removal write-up

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Xs5875, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Xs5875

Xs5875 Addict

Truck:
    1994 Standard cab 22re 5 spd
    No you can delete it too. The little adapter at the rear of the intake....has 3 ports. Loop the vacuum line from the fpr to that...and remove the vsv.

2. warbird

warbird Member

sweet thanks.

3. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    I have read this a few times and I struggle so bad with this emission ****. I have a few questions.

1. Can i weld the holes with regular solid carbon steel wire on the intake or is the intake an alloy?

2. I am not sure where the air suction or fuel pressure regulator is. All i have is this manual page to go off of.
    http://personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-buchanan/93fsm/engine/14layoutan.pdf

3. What can i remove in that manual? EGR valve and EGR vacuum module?

4. Can i remove the TVV, VSV, PAIR Valve, check valve, EGR cooler or just plug them up.

5. On removing the wiring do i need to cut it or are they all connectors?

Sorry for all the questions but i am far from a mechanic and all the emissions confuses the hell out of me. I

4. first80toyota

first80toyota Addict

Truck:
    '77 Hilux
    The intake is aluminium. If you try to weld it with regular carbon steel wire your gonna have a bad time. Take it to someone who can tig it for you..

5. DionTDE

DionTDE Addict

Truck:
    93 single cab 2wd
    That is what i thought. I will plug the holes for now until i can get it on the road to move it to somewhere that I can get a tig welder.

6. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater

1. Nope as stated it's aluminum.
    2. See post 12 in this thread. There is a vacuum port with 3 lines coming off of it. Plug one, use one for the charcoal canister and use the remaiNing for the fuel pressure regulator.
    3. Pretty much all of it yes. Anything that could be unbolted or unscrewed on my last few re's was.
    4. Yes
    5. You can just unplug them and leave them lay or strip the whole loom back to the computer and prune all the junk out of it. I've done it both ways, it just comes down to personal preferences.

7. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    1994 Pickup Standard Cab Base 22RE Manual
    Nice write up! I just deleted my EGR and most of my emissions. Im going to use this thread to delete and plug as many vacuum ports as possible.

8. #kinsey

#kinsey Newbie

This was a huge help man. I've been struggling with the wiring and vacuum on my truck and the Chilton's manual was being no help. I have a mut for a truck,as the ol lady calls it. And its kinda been fighting me all though building this thing. I started out with a 91, the cab was bad so i bought a cab that was a 93. The truck had no motor so i bought one it was a 92... well after futher investigation i found out that the junk yard i bought the cab from took the ecm and cut the wiring to the motor to hell. So i searched for ever to find a wiring harness and ecm to fit and i got one that's about 95% match but some plugs weren't matching up because it came off a 90s.. turns out that all the plugs that aren't matching up i now know i can delete because of you, vaccum sensors, knock sensors and such. You have been a huge savior of my time and money man i can't thank you enough. Ill be honest i was getting so frustrated between all the wiring and vacuum diagrams its not funny. So big thanks again man. Now that i know this it should be up and running in no time.