'93 Toyota 2wd Reg. Cab "landscaping" pickup.

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by 93_Toy_Mini, Jan 6, 2012.

1. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    Hi, I am new to TM and I wanted to put some pick up of my build. I bought this truck last year and I have mad it a point to try to do this on a budget. I bought it from a man that said he used it for "landscaping" while I was living in Roseville, CA. It's in the Sac Metro area. The guy wanted $1000 for it and said it was sound. I know automobile and I have worked as a salesman before. I know what he had and it was abused but wasn't bad. I bought it for $600 cash. It was supposed to be my daily driver while I fixed another can that I have but the truck needed less work money wise and I did not want to be driving a hoopdee. So a month after I bought it I gutted it out because it smelled like mildew and had mold on it not to mention about an 1/8 to a 1/4 inch of dust, dirt and animal hair all over it. Every bare metal piece was covered in rust. I spent my spare time online and at wreaking yards in Rancho Cordova, CA. and any Pink n Pulls I could go to. I also found a retired mechanic in Loomis, CA. that has 8 or 9 of them at any given time. He likes buying them and using several to make one good one. I aquired lots of things from him that I could not find and he has LOTS AND TONS OF THINGS at his house. Its all about making connections. So the following is pictures of what I have so far.

This is the original be that came in the truck

[​IMG]

This is the new bed that I bought from that guy in Loomis for $100

[​IMG]

Had some exterior dents but they're fixable.

This is my truck after I gutted it and I snatched some rims off of Craigslist for $350. 20" Black w/ polished lip. Tires are not matching but they all have 90% tread left and some curb rash which didn't really matter to me because I want to paint the lips white but I did not let him know that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had dents to fix so I started on that.

[​IMG]

The biggest repair I had to fix

[​IMG]

The cab after I took the dash out, cleaned it, and washed it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The following is picture things that I refinished. The carpet I got used from Pick n Pull for $6 and I painted it myself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dash before and after

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Various dash pieces after painting them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A-Pillar support beam

[​IMG]

Pedal Assembly

[​IMG]

pictures of the beam, pedals, and column back in the truck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to work on the drivers side damage. I cut out the damaged area and got a donor piece from my friend in Loomis. Cut the exact piece out and spot welded it in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I grinded all the welds down it was time for filler and primer...

Then I got started on the seats that I bought. It was really hard to find 60/40 seats. Everyone that I asked was also looking for some. I got lucking at a salvage yard in Rancho Cordova, CA. They where not cheat as I wanted but the guy knew his stuff and how rare they wrer and in this condition. The 60/40 bench seat wasn't a direct bolt on. Mine came with a fuul bench which uses 4 bolts and the 60/40 uses 8 bolts.I still need to work on the seats because I am only using 6 right now but here is some of the fab that I did on one part of the brackets. I had to cut about 1/2' from the drivers seat left rear bracket to make the seat sit level.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also got new gauge faces for my cluster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to the suspension. I took mostly pictures of the front since that was more involved than the rear. I went with DJM 3"/4" Kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the drop on my 20s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the time I took the pictures I had not yet completed the rear but its now done. These pictures are all old

This is the start of the body work. I took out the windshileld because it had a crack and to save on a new one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I moved from Roseville so I had to put it all back together and after that progress has come to a crawl. I have done some things but the weather has made it more difficult to work on it. However we have not been getting snow so I am trying to straighten out my garage so I can work on it. I have more picture I will post up later. Thank for looking

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. TOYstory92

TOYstory92 Newbie

Nice man, I will definitely be tracking this build thread:D

3. Kahuna

Kahuna Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    I'm liking what...I see so far!!!!!

4. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
    I like it. Got some work to do but it will be a nice dd when you "finish" it.

5. Ezikiel37

Ezikiel37 Enthusiast

Truck:
    90 xcab 2wd
    brah nice work. shoot wish i could do that

6. turboefi

turboefi Member

Truck:
    94 single cab
    nice toy man!! looks like you do some pretty good body work!! and great deal on the carpet!!! imma need to check here around fresno see if i can find a good enuff deal like yours!! and im wondering did you paint the dash with regular indoor/outdoor spray paint??!

7. Tank

Tank Member

Truck:
    94 scsb
    wow lookin good

8. Zombie Monarch

Zombie Monarch Veteran

Truck:
    1991 single cab dually hilux
    Great progress so far! Just work on it when you feel the motivation, if you try to force yourself it won't be as fun.

9. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    I use dupli color fabric and vinyl paint. Well, the process went like this. I started by scuffing the surface with a scuff pad. Then I thoroughly washed everything. I followed that with dupli color wax and grease remover. To keep it from peeling and to make it last I used dupli color adhesive primer. Lastly I used dupli color flat black fabric and vinyl paint.

10. Dgerfan55

Dgerfan55 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    94 pickup
    Nice job man, everything has cam out great so far. Keep it up and this toy will be on the road in no time.

11. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    Oh I drive it all the time. Its put back together because I had to move. Last thing I did was install a radio because I was tuneless. I put a cheap head unit for now and two Soundstream Taranchula series 380 watt 4" 2-way coaxial speakers. I also found some stock speaker boxes that came out of a 4runner (the ones that screw in behind the dash) at a Pick n Pull but I had to modify the drivers side because it was too small. The magnets were bigger than the stock speakers. I will take them out one day so I can take pictures of what I did.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  12. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    wow...looking good....i cant believe how good that carpet looks! how does it feel? tacky or stiff?

how many cans to do the carpet?

13. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    I probably could have gotten away with one but I used 1 1/2 cans. I brushed it afterwards so its not stiff and dries completely so its not tacky.

14. confused.rat

confused.rat Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 Pickup Ext Cab.
    nice build man. can't wait to see more progress on it.

15. TheLoLux

TheLoLux Toyotaholic

Truck:
    70 LoLux 92 CYN YOTA 84ish 4runner
    looks good man, ihave to do the same thing on my cab on the d.s. to. i just dont have the time.

16. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    Thanks everyone, I do it when the three moons align and by moons I mean cash, time, and motivation.

17. CrazyCody93

CrazyCody93 Enthusiast

Truck:
    84 Sr5 Xtra cab
    This is lookin good! but i have to know, where did you get the white gauge faces??

18. Kahuna

Kahuna Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    ^^^X2

19. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    I got them off of Ebay I believe. It was 9 months ago so I am not really sure but I will look for it and post the link.

20. 93_Toy_Mini

93_Toy_Mini Addict

Truck:
    93 Reg Cab Pickup
    I did a search on ebay for you guys but in searching I remembered that it was not ebay. It was a site so I will keep looking but in the mean time I did find these for you. Here is what I did find on Ebay for the following model years.

85-88 I found these

toyota pickup glow gauges | eBay

For 89 to 95 I only for one store on ebay that has them but they are overlays NOT indiglo like the ones I have. they have them for non tach and with tach.

items in toyota store on eBay!

I will keep looking for where I got mine from.