1981 mirrors needed!

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by flg8r22, Oct 29, 2010.

1. flg8r22

flg8r22 Enthusiast

Truck:
    81 4x4, 83 4x4, 86 4x4
    i know these aren't specific to this year or maybe even this truck but i need both sides. glass, housing and supports. thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    just so ya know...

your truck came to the states without:

mirrors
    a bed
    rear bumper

they were installed/ bed made in long beach california. there should be a sticker on the bed inbetween the cab and bed that says "made in long beach cali"

and also there were at least 2 different styles of mirrors put on. mainly the door mounts were different.

there is a metal plate type and one that has a semi adjustable plastic mount with a curved metal piece. but if memory serves the 2 have different spacing on the bolt holes.

and thats just the metal "chev truck" style mirrors.

ive seen 3 different versions of the screw on plastic ones.

so what kind are you looking for?

they sell the mirror itself at most any parts store, still even has the same bends on the mirror backing and they will bolt on to the bracket easy.

3. flg8r22

flg8r22 Enthusiast

Truck:
    81 4x4, 83 4x4, 86 4x4
    thanks for the info, i checked and found the sticker on the bed. im an old dude :O, i remember buying trucks with a wooden 2x4 for a rear bumper and a/c option cost 1500 bucks to upgrade. my 86 had all the a/c parts installed, hoses, compressor, etc, just needed the a/c button in the cab to make it work. :) as far as the mirrors go, i dont have one for the passenger side, just the mount on the drivers side. ive seen some of the truck mirrors on ebay but cant get the sellers to give me the dimensions from hole to hole. was hoping someone had a set of these laying around after an upgrade to the "top of the door" mirrors.

4. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    I have them, come pick them up and you can have them.driver side glass is broken though.. your call lol

5. flg8r22

flg8r22 Enthusiast

Truck:
    81 4x4, 83 4x4, 86 4x4
    maybe sunday? what part of the state are you in?
    i'd like to see what else you have in that shed too :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  6. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    Im in tampa. about an hour away from ya maybe a little more...I think you were looking at those seats I had ???I probably wont have too many parts for you unless you wanna trade your 81 for my 92 : ) !!!

7. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    if you just need a couple of the same brackets that you already have, i have a couple sets, need new mirrors. my wheeler likes to go through mirrors for some reason.

for all those with 2wd 79-83 odds are my plastic mirrors are broke some how, but might be a few good ones, maybe.

but all the metal brackets will survive most anything, its just the mirror that breaks, have a bunch of mirror-less brackets floating around.